Must-have modifications

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by CastleWolfenstein, Jul 8, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I'm excited that my order finally got picked up by the factory last week! I want to see all of the mods you've done to your Mini. Currently I have the following bookmarked to order when the time comes closer:
    xpel ceramic coating PRIME XR PLUS
    FitcamX front and rear dashcam
    Beltline Blackout Kit

What are some must-haves that you recommend?

zedzag likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

MINI's rear cargo-area mat is very nice. You'll have to scan the forum to assess the many different opinions about the best all-weather mats for the cabin. I'm partial to the 3D Maxpider mats, myself. Other than removing the fake hood scoop, those are the only mods I've made to my SE.

Wreckless117 likes this.
  4. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

This is the least I've modded any of our MINIs over the years. A few changes in Bimmercode, a sun visor for the passenger side, and I think that's it.

polyphonic likes this.
  5. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of the add-ons I added to my first Mini. Stripes - haven't decided on those yet. Yellow tints on the fog lights - not applicable on the fake fogs on the SE. Seals around the bonnet to keep the dust out - doesn't look like I'll need them. Blinking center stop light - might be a bit much since I don't use the brakes anymore. Cargo net for the boot - still using the same one. Silicone fob cover - still works. Air horn - I may have to revive that. Air filter - nope, don't need that.

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

You might not press the brake pedal often, but actual and simulated (when the battery is fully charged) regen braking still activates the brake lights.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Wreckless117

Wreckless117 Well-Known Member

And I thought the 3d maxpider mats was a secret only I've known about lol. Used them in my last 3 cars, they fit, look and feel way better than weathertech/husky for basically the same price. Highly recommend if you need liners over mats.

insightman likes this.
  9. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    From the dealership: Night Jack mirror caps and mud flaps. I’ll also get all glass ceramic tinted through them, so I can have it added to my financing (they sub out the work).

Myself: shorty antenna, smoke tint the rear fogs and the side markers on the wheel arches, LED reverse and rear fog bulbs, activate the rear fogs (new light switch), 15 mm wheel spacers all around. Also 3D Kagu mats, new “shelf” for the cell phone oven, LED interior bulbs. BimmerCode for a variety of soft changes.

Rogwp likes this.
  10. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

On ours:
    Full coverage XPEL PPF (I’d prioritize front PPF over ceramic coating any day)
    Stek windshield protection film for stone chips
    OE mud flaps
    OE cargo mat
    Pro-clip wireless phone charger and magic mount
    Replacement wide angle mirror glass
    Windshield sun shade
    Ghost Jack tyre valve caps

plus the usual under the cargo floor:
    Multi connector L1/L2 portable EVSE
    TeslaTap adapter
    OE Tyre pump and fixaflat
    First aid kit

still haven’t gotten around to adding a wall style cargo net so maybe I don’t really need one…

Martha and CsD like this.
  11. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

I didn't mean to imply that the brake lights never came on. I meant to imply that the short-duration flashing might not have the same impact, since I really don't know if the regen brake-lighting is steady or on-off-on-off. I do know that on the ICE Mini, the flashing worked to catch the attention of those following me. Those big pickups backed way off as soon as I touched the brakes.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. F14Scott

F14Scott Well-Known Member

SameGuy likes this.
  14. SameGuy

YUL
    I ordered from your parts list! I already had the M14x1.25 wheel hangers, but the spacers are really well finished, much nicer than the way-more-expensive Eibach spacers I bought from ECS aeons ago for the fortwo.

F14Scott likes this.
  15. MarkSasaki

MarkSasaki Active Member

Had my SE for 8 days... Mods include, KW coilovers, NM Engineering wheels (from my 2019 Mini), ceramic tint. Incoming is carbon fiber dash overlays and OEM all weather mats. I ordered the car with the black waistline trim and hood stripes. Also, completely de-yellowed everything except the shifter.

IMG_8780.jpg

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
    Pennyworth, SameGuy, Giosan and 7 others like this.
  16. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

I like the sound of that. So far I’ve only managed to get a carbon fiber shark fin aerial cover and license plate frame on my SE. Which ones have you ordered?

17. MarkSasaki

MarkSasaki Active Member

18. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

Cool, thanks. I’ll be very interested to hear what you think of them - how well they fit, the quality and if they are genuine carbon fiber.
    I had a bunch of interior and exterior genuine carbon fiber overlays on my Model 3, but they were all made here in the States.
    Hopefully somewhere there are overlays for the piano black door trims!!!!

19. MarkSasaki

MarkSasaki Active Member

I think even the Outmotoring stuff is from overseas... As for the doors, I have these in my cart but have not bought them yet. They are pretty pricey. The dash pieces are supposed to be real carbon fiber but yes, I hope they fit well. They will not arrive for a month.

Considering how long I waited for my car, a month isn't so bad anymore.

https://www.outmotoring.com/door-carbon-fiber-trim-set-f56-7-cf_door_f56-7.html

20. LittleWoods

LittleWoods Active Member

Where are you all getting the 3D Kagu mats from? The mfg website doesn't look like they have anything available for MINI anymore.

21. SameGuy

YUL
    LittleWoods likes this.
  22. LittleWoods

LittleWoods Active Member

SameGuy likes this.
  23. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

It is pricey, but I guess there's a bit of carbon fiber in both door trims.

The problem I see is that it doesn't include the piece to fit underneath the window switch, between the speaker and the handle. Other vendors do offer that piece, but then I'd be concerned about how closely it matches the other door trim pieces. And obviously you need the match dash pieces...Hmmmm