Must be Fat32, 32 GB

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by CR EV, Jun 2, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. CR EV

CR EV Active Member

Got a note about updating my navigation system (maps, POI, and such). Got some high level SD cards (64 GB, exFat format, for cards larger than 32 GB), can't use them. Had to order a 32GB card and will have to format it with Fat32. From the install program:

<<It is necessary to use an SD card with a storage capacity of 32GB.

upload_2021-6-2_10-43-12.png >>
    Don't even try to use anything else; I tried. I guess I could complain about the specificity, but at least the upgrade is free...

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Where can I download the upgrade? My car is complaining about needing new maps. I am overdue at the dealer anyway, so maybe I will just let them do it....

4. scoutboy

scoutboy New Member

I would seriously reconsider if you do not like the new interface. I recently updated my software and wish I could return to the pre Nov 2020 version. I found that the widgets of the previous home screen have been removed. The radio interface has been replaced with a confusing retro scheme that is not very user friendly, you have to swipe a few screens to get to your battery information. I am not a fan of the new software.

5. CR EV

CR EV Active Member

Good heads-up. Would be curious as to what the changes are. For maps and such, well there's always my phone and Android Auto...screen shots anyone?

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. scoutboy

scoutboy New Member