MUSK Authentic offer or Alternative agenda?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by SkyShotEV, Aug 10, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SkyShotEV

SkyShotEV Member

A couple of months back, I read that Hi5 not compatible on the Supercharger network. Now that Mr. Musk has floated the idea of sharing to me this raises where or why the business decision was made. This may be duplicative in nature so apologize in advance..

According to Nikki it is possible some Tesla owners will resent seeing non-Tesla vehicles taking up charging banks but on the flip side, the faster charging EV's will not present too much envy we hope. I do give him credit for this idea, albeit it may cost non Tesla owners a few $$$ more for compatible connectors but in the long run, this may also energize additional EA installations.

restyler likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Thanks to the new infrastructure bills going through Congress, Tesla could reap zillions by opening up their charging network to other EVs. However, Elon risks alienating his customer base by doing that. What an indignity for a Tesla driver to pull up to a Tesla Supercharger only to discover he has to wait for my electric MINI Cooper SE to finish charging before he can plug in.

4. Boston_Pilot

Boston_Pilot Active Member

Musk doesn’t care about alienating the auto customers. He’s always said he’s not primarily an auto manufacturer. Great tech, **** company. From the top on down.

Ronny likes this.