Monthly report

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Robbert, Oct 29, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Robbert

Robbert Active Member

I think I've passed my one month ownership anniversary with the Kona, so I got the first monthly health report. I have to say it was a little disappointing to see what was in there. I thought it was going to give me information on the charging I've done, miles driven at what mi/kWh level, etc.
    Instead, I get a few "idiot lights" in the report saying that the airbag, ABS, etc. are all happy.

Is that what everyone else gets? And I was just hopeful for no reason whatsoever? :)

Reason I'm asking is I swear I'd seen others in this forum say they had more or different data in the monthly report...

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The data you get depends on where you are. It looks like here in the US you get the idiot lights. In Canada you get charging, discharging, Regen breaking totals, but they are messed up numbers that are like 3465%. So there is guesses out there what they actually mean.

It's BS and very disappointing that they can't get stuff like that right.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

4. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

Pardon my ignorance, but where does one get this report? (USA)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

5. You don't. We don't get it.
    Only Canadian drivers. They have a different app as well.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

6. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

Well, bully for them
    Not for us

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Robbert

Robbert Active Member

Well, that's a bummer... I was looking forward to over 3000% of regeneration this past month... Lord knows I tried! :)

Thanks for clearing that up though!

electriceddy and Esprit1st like this.
  9. Speaking of the monthly report, I just logged in and a pop up screen appears "terms and conditions V5.0" and notice under the sub section of Fees, Payment,Billing and Taxes that 5 years is now only free for 2018 and 2019 model years - 3 years is now the trial period, among other things (long list).
    BTW if you put a decimal place after the first # and view as kWh it makes sense. They just expressed it as a percentage rather than in kWh.
    Still takes 2 refreshes before showing doors locked:rolleyes:

10. Trust me. You are missing NOTHING.

davidtm likes this.
  11. I just got my BlueLink Monthly Health Control Report. Of course I got all green check marks for everything. Never really looked at it much in the past, but I now see a couple items that beg a few questions.

What is Electronic Control Suspension? Also what is Electronic Stability Control? Does suspension and cornering get dynamically adjusted while driving? I thought that kind of capability is more likely to be found in higher end luxury and performance cars.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Anaglypta

Anaglypta Active Member

UK
    The Kona doesn't have Active suspension - as far as I know. It does have ESC though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_stability_control

John.

14. My specs do show ESC, but I didn't see ECS. Did see VSM, though, maybe ECS is part of that. In any case, ECS along with ESC does show up on my Vehicle Diagnostic Report. Why would ECS be there, if the car didn't have it?

15. Anaglypta

Anaglypta Active Member

UK
    Probably time to ask Hyundai that question!

The specs for my 2019 model Year UK car show ESC as you would expect as its been mandatory on US, Canadian, and EU cars for some time. Under suspension it lists McPherson Struts Front and Multilink rear, no mention of ECS or any automated adjustments!

John.