Model 3 sales about to spike way way up.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by 101101, Apr 22, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

3 years and 1 month was the unveiling ceremony for the Model 3. Today is the real birthday for the car. Today the final piece of the hardware has been that's been missing is acknowledged to be in new cars now for 10 days. Functional self driving on highways is already present.

Still the stupid media keeps putting out FUD like an exploding Tesla in China when that has clearly been an BMW and Ford issue. I wish Tesla would find a to expose this garbage back to the protagonists. Regardless right now the Tesla Model 3 Performances is the best vehicle you can buy for any price. I suppose the summer will have a pick up unveil, the production Semi introduction and the production Roadster introduction. Tesla could put that production roadster through published track paces before its widespread introduction to the public. That would help drive its sales and still provide the continuing intended smack down of ICE- probably cancel a lot of ICE as well- a very desirable goal.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

What are the fool shorts going to whine about going forward. They will try to say that the loss of US Federal credits will impact Tesla in July. But it won't. The pollution credits and the Chinese plant will eliminate that. Tesla will dominate the other firms even when they have the credits. They will have nothing to whine about. The buffoons at the SEC won't be able to get any traction on trying to destroy the first amendment.

4. Roy_H

Roy_H Active Member

I hope you are right, But I don't think that the announcement of HW3 being installed in new cars and the promise of FSD is going to move the needle on sales. What will move sales up is lower prices. The $35k Model 3 was briefly listed and although I am aware it is still technically available most people will be unaware. Tesla has decided that the SR+ at $39,500 is sufficient to bump sales up and I hope they are right. But I think that is limited in increased appeal and they need to keep all the features in the $39.5k version but lower price more. My big hope is that the Maxwell acquisition will go through and this will lead to significant reduction in battery cost that in turn will allow further price reductions of Model 3.