Mismatched battery charge status between dash and Infotainment readout

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Trabman, Aug 17, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Trabman

Trabman New Member

I recently noticed that the dash readout on charge status was full, but the infotainment readout only showed 3/4, after charging overnight. I have a 2018 Clarity touring model with 44000 miles. Anybody else is have this issue? If so, how was it resolve. Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. What infotainment battery indicator? The one that's usually on top of the display come from your phone doesn't it?

4. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

The dash display is percent charge of the battery. This is logical and matches what you think the display should show.

The infotainment screen does not show a 'logical' number. The infotainment screen gives EV range as a percent of 47 miles of estimated range.

5. Ah, that display. I never use that screen (since I use Android auto constantly).

And, of course, none of these are the same as what we get with the dongle (percentage of battery life).

6. Trabman

Trabman New Member

Thanks ClarityBill for the explanation!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Which screen are y’all viewing? The Energy Flow screen shows EV range in miles just like the dash display. The only difference is it doesn’t display tenths of miles.