Mini Stats: Trim choices, production, and delivery times (shared album)

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by GvilleGuy, Oct 14, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

I did not realize I would not be able to edit the original post I made for our Mini forum stat tracking, so I'm creating this new thread with a link to the shared album. I will post updated stat photos to the album about once per week.

Mini Stats shared album:

https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?media/albums/mini-stat-tracking.80/

Data Tracked as of Oct 14, 2020:
    • Mini color, seat color, trim level
    • Destination ports
    • Owner state heat map
    • Numerous average timing breakdowns, from initial order date through dealer delivery
    New Mini Owners enter your data on the spreadsheet linked here: The more data we have, the better! Even if you only enter part of your information, such as trim, color, state...anything is fine. My stats do not reference forum user names.

https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/delivery-spreadsheet-lets-track-these-inbound-ses.9257/

Original stats thread:

https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/mini-stats-forum-trim-choices-production-and-delivery-times.9711/

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    TripleD, F14Scott and Toi like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Fantastic. But now that you've created these great charts I'd like to see @insightman back in the spreadsheet to increase sample size even though he's an outlier on delivery. The trim stats and heat map seem incomplete to me knowing his car is out there.

Looking more closely, there are a few known forum members missing. I can respect not wanting to be in the spreadsheet, though, so nobody should feel pressure to add their info.

4. GvilleGuy

I even edited my post to encourage partial information, in case someone feels like they can't add their trim if they don't have their production dates, or whatever. In my stats spreadsheet I am excluding some of the outlier dates from the early adopters, anyway, so I would be happy to put @insightman data back. I can account for it. (if he puts it back in the original doc)

MichaelC likes this.
  5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Partial information restored. I feel like I'm part of the group again, sniff.

6. GvilleGuy

I'm adding data for the wheel (not tire) choices from the tracking spreadsheet.

@Norbu72 and @fizzit - did you go with silver or black Cosmos Spokes?

This is what I have for the SE wheel options:
    Loop Spoke (16",2F3)
    Revolite Spoke (16", 1NR)
    Tentacle Spoke (17", 2B0)
    Cosmos Spoke Black (17", 2F2)
    Cosmos Spoke Silver (17", 2F1)
    Power Spoke (17", 1NU)
    Rail Spoke (17", 2ET)
    Propeller Spoke (17", 2HN)
    Roulette Spoke (17", 2ED)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. fizzit

fizzit Active Member

Mine came with black cosmos wrapped with kooks. I'll put mine in the spreadsheet

GvilleGuy likes this.
  9. insightman

I was going to ask what kooks were, but just before I hit POST REPLY, I figured it out. My Power Spokes came with kooks, too.

10. Toi

Toi Well-Known Member

yeah, I thought something else too at first...

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 5.01.50 PM.png

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. GvilleGuy

I'll be curious how the next five or six Minis currently in production/transit come in for total days "ordered-to-dealership". I looked at total days for Minis where production started prior to Aug 6th versus Minis where production started after Aug 25th:

• Prior to 08/06/2019 (10 Minis): Avg days to dealership = 107 days
    • After 08/25/2019 (3 Minis): Avg days to dealership = 71 days
    Definite improvement. Perhaps the earlier orders were plagued by Covid delays.

13. GvilleGuy

I am frustrated by the lack of detailed spec information on the Mini USA website. Even the PDF owner’s manual. One of my decision points on trim level between the Signature trim and the Plus/Iconic is the quality of the stereo. Can anyone point me to some stereo / speaker specs?

14. Toi

Toi Well-Known Member

There is a general lack of 'specifics' everywhere on that, agreed. in looking at HK's promotional material, I was able to find this as far as specs. as for what trim level you need to get it... that I am unsure of.

https://www.harmankardon.com/mini.html

GvilleGuy likes this.
  15. GvilleGuy

Thanks! This is good. I believe the Harmon Kardon 12-speaker is on the Plus and Iconic trims. I’m hoping to also find information about the Signature trim stereo.

Toi likes this.
  16. insightman

Both the Signature Plus and Iconic come with the Harman Kardon speakers. I'm not clear if the Signature trim has the same head unit as the other two, but that trim level doesn't get the Harman Kardon speakers. The Signature trim comes with fewer speakers than the other two trim levels--no A-pillar speakers at least.

GvilleGuy and Toi like this.
  17. idrw

idrw Member

Yup, the signature trim has no HK speakers and no speakers on the A-pillar. It is definitely lacking on the sound department so if you are an audiophile, signature trim would disappoint.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  18. GvilleGuy

Thank you - I almost specifically tagged you since I know you have Signature. The stereo upgrade will probably move me to at least the Plus trim, then. The moonroof on its own would not make me go there, but it would be nice to have.

The two items that make me want Iconic are the 8.8 screen and the wheel choices. How are you finding the usability of the 6.5” screen on Signature?

19. ScottIJ

ScottIJ New Member

I have the 6.5" screen and it seems quite usable. What I've seen others say is that with the 8.8" screen things aren't actually bigger, it just lets you show something else (like what's playing) next to the map, but the map itself is the same size. I've found it plenty big for my needs.

Brooks Rogers and GvilleGuy like this.
  20. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I have a 2014 MINI Clubman S with standard speakers. They are adequate, no complaints about the audio. Not as rich a sound as the Harman Kardon, and the car noise can overwhelm the sound.

The SE is so, so quiet compared to an ICE car that I think the improved audio actually sounds better than it did in my previous MINI Hardtop with the Harman Kardons.

Brooks Rogers, GvilleGuy and MichaelC like this.
  21. idrw

idrw Member

8.8 inch is great if the car has the updated software to get Carplay to be full screen. 6.5 is usable real estate but smaller than the ones in my other cars. I dont like the fact that Carplay does not conform with the contours of the display and it looks odd to me. Also, for some unknown reason, I keep using the central command knob and buttons vs the touchscreen which I never thought I would do.

MichaelC and GvilleGuy like this.
  22. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Probably because it's so much easier to reach for. I love it on my current car and see myself not using the touch screen on the new as well.

idrw, MichaelC and GvilleGuy like this.