Mini Stats: Forum trim choices, production, and delivery times

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by GvilleGuy, Oct 9, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

Thank you for doing this! Visuals like this really help process the information.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  4. F14Scott

F14Scott Well-Known Member

So cool! I was hoping an Excel Jedi would show up.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  5. Tommy Electric

Tommy Electric Active Member

Excellent work. Thank you!

GvilleGuy likes this.
  6. GvilleGuy

The build times still include the August shutdown - I did not attempt to factor that in. And the deposit to dealer ordered times exclude some crazy high values of 120 to 140 days. I am guessing some of those were early adopters before the dealership even had the ability to order the SE?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Tommy Electric

Tommy Electric Active Member

I know this is a small sample size but I'm a little surprised that more buyers haven't gone for either the Signature or Signature Plus (ie. Level 1 or 2 in the UK) variant. A lot of the US reviewers for this car were noting the fact that, after the federal tax credit, the Signature version was a hell of a lot of car for the price.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  9. GvilleGuy

I was surprised by that, as well. It is lopsided Iconic at the moment. I am still undecided. But, the $7,500 tax credit in the US gives a huge discount that allows you to get the Iconic for the price of the Signature. :)

10. GvilleGuy

When I get a chance I will add a column to the spreadsheet for “owner’s state”. (For those who don’t mind providing it) It would be interesting to start tracking where these cars are driving around. I have a feeling there aren’t very many here in SC, since my local dealer has sold...one.

11. KeninFL

KeninFL Member

Well... you get the $7500.00 tax credit (if qualified) for the Signature also. So, they are c.$8K apart.
    At c. $24K the Signature is a screaming deal.
    But if you want/need a pop up screen, glass in your roof, etc. you go Iconic.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. GvilleGuy

I agree. I think that the Signature trim with tax credit is the best value proposition in the US market right now, ASSUMING the SE range is not a factor in your decision. For me, range will not be an issue.

14. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I really wanted the power spoke wheels, and the 8.8" display. Those were the primary reasons I went for Iconic, only to discover MINI won't let CarPlay use full screen (but it would be worse on a smaller screen). But I would have gotten at least Signature Plus for the moonroof, and I think the $3000 difference between Signature Plus and Iconic is a pretty good bargain. I'm finding I really like the head-up display.

insightman, MichaelC and GvilleGuy like this.
  15. F14Scott

F14Scott Well-Known Member

Can you tell us a little about the HUD and its functions, please?

16. Norbu72

Norbu72 Active Member

Interesting that no one has chosen a car in Midnight Black.

Toi and GvilleGuy like this.
  17. Puppethead

I'll start a new thread on the head-up display, I haven't begun to delve into it but using the default settings has been providing a whole bunch of contextual information.

Toi and F14Scott like this.
  18. GvilleGuy

I would definitely prefer the 8.8. I need to go sit in a regular Cooper with the smaller screen and check it out. I did hear in some video about CarPlay not being full screen and I am not pleased. But I read that perhaps BMW will allow it in a future upgrade of the software. The main reason I would want full screen CarPlay is for navigation. Isn’t the BMW nav pretty good on its own?

19. Puppethead

I've seen that some people have loaded BMW i3 software on their MINI to get full-screen CarPlay, so it's definitely just a software limitation. The BMW Navigation is fairly good, but the mapping is not as current as Apple Maps. I've been sent onto no-longer-existing streets.

One of the greatest things about the BMW navigation is how it uses the head-up display, showing your next exit and when to turn. Apple could learn a few tricks from it. I also mostly like the route planning where you can choose fastest, shortest, or greenest route. It's been fun to follow it onto paths I've never taken before, seeing parts of my city that I've never gone through.

I really hope the MINI Connected app gets updated soon to support Apple's new EV map routing, I'd like to compare the two.

GvilleGuy and MichaelC like this.
  20. MichaelC

My Iconic with 8.8" screen has full-screen CarPlay:
    IMG_0275D.jpeg

In my opinion, the BMW nav is actually not terrible--especially if you use the mobile app or voice control to select your destination. The real-time traffic info (and not using your phone's data) is pretty handy, even if just driving around. And if you have the head-up display, it will show next turn info there.

21. Puppethead

How did you enable that! I asked at my "second date" about it and was told it's not supported.

22. MichaelC

It has always been like that. Maybe you need a software update? Here are my software version numbers:
    Telephone: TT-002.146.002
    Media: MT-002.146.002

23. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

@Matt Shumaker's Signature Plus SE is Midnight Black and he's in the process of making it even blacker by replacing the "grille" and the chrome bits up front. However, he didn't exactly "choose" his color because he was lucky to be offered one of the first SEs in the country, so he took the color in which it came. Clearly, he's happy with the color, however.

If you listen hard, you can hear Matt in Illinois turning on his hose again.

Toi and GvilleGuy like this.