Met with a fellow forum member...

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Jan 18, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

The rare occasion that you'll see more than 1 Kona Electric at the same place other than at a dealership, especially here in Florida. Met up with JoeV who spends the winter here in the Tampa Bay area. 20200118_124216.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Excellent meeting like minded people. We had a lot in common besides EV's.
    A few Tesla started showing up and I'm sure the rest of the charging stations would have filled up soon after we left.

FloridaSun likes this.
  4. FloridaSun

I checked on the Chargepoint app 1 hour later and 7 out of 8 were in use..

5. I have also met fellow Kona EV forum members at charging locations including SkookumPete at Qualicum Beach DCFC and KonaTom at Nanaimo Superstore and possibly more.
    No pictures, but nice to chat with while enjoying a top up.;)

6. FloridaSun

There are a lot more Konas in your area than in Florida. I doubt that there are more than 10 Kona Electric in Florida, including snowbirds who are here for the winter.. So, seeing 2 at the same location is very rare..

1st-KonaEV-in-FL likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. echeck

echeck New Member

I purchased my Kona EV on September 1st and finally saw another one only two days ago. I live in the DC metro area, and there are quite a few EVs around. I’m surprised it took that long to finally see one.

I look forward to meeting a fellow Kona EV owner at a local charge station. :)

9. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

I am in the DC area as well (mostly Reston/Fairfax), but I also spend a lot of time in coastal Delaware. The main charge station I use is the HITT/CoLab in Merrifield (free 50kW). Well, mainly because it is free. EA HQ is probably the most convenient (I even ran into EA CEO one day), but due to pricing, I very rarely go there.

10. echeck

echeck New Member

Ahh.. I’m on the other side. I work in Bethesda, but live 40 minutes north of there. I’m fortunate enough to charge for free at work. It’s the main reason I went electric. I was spending over $200/mo in gas just commuting to work. Now it’s $0. Can’t beat that!

Esprit1st and electriceddy like this.
  11. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Anyone around the Boston area who'd be hip to a meetup, lemme know.
    Actually, there's a semi-local group neeaa.org who would be happy to
    have a Kona or two show up at their monthly meetings. I've known
    their lead guy Jesse for a while; we used to hang out at Prius/hybrid
    events, Altwheels, and MPG competitions back in the day.

_H*

12. To remove this ad click here.