Meaning of beep

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by rfg81, May 9, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hi,

I thought about creating a new thread for new kona ev owners for weird beeping that you don't know why it happened.

For my case it seems it happens when I have navigation turned on and when I'm about to turn right or left. I hear a beep that, for me at least, doesn't mean anything. There are no cars close by and it beeps anyway. So does anyone know what it's about?

Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Yes, when you drive "over" the checkpoint (left turn, right turn, or whatever the next navigation point is) it makes that beep. It is also marked with a little marker on the road on the screen.

Kind of useless, it confused me a lot in the beginning but now I don't hear it to much anymore.

rfg81 likes this.
  4. I take it to mean it’s the center of the turn, like a hidden waypoint that’s been reached.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

rfg81 likes this.
  5. Well, if you look on the navigation screen, it displays that marker. So it's not hidden very well, but you're correct.

6. Is there a way of deactivating it?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Not that I've found anything.

9. Thank you for the assistance!

10. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

The only noise that I can think of is a sort of soft chime that I hear when I complete one leg of a trip. It sounds like the chime you hear on an aircraft when they turn off the seatbelt sign.

11. That's exactly that!

12. To remove this ad click here.