Maybe I'm easily impressed...

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Robert_Alabama, Apr 27, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

I drove a 75 mile trip today with about 2/3 interstate driving. The car burned as best I could tell about 0.5 gallons of gasoline. Using the battery mostly on the return trip, I got back home with 3 miles of EV left. I've driven about 7000 miles so far and have burned about 35 gallons of gasoline, for the most part on highway trips. I know that's not as good as some and maybe even most that post here, but it is still impressive to me. The car is all I could have expected it to be so far.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

I'm at approximately 4,500 miles. A little over $50 in gas, 3/4 if a tank left.

Happy camper!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app

Robert_Alabama likes this.
  4. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

With "free" electricity (free nights plan, and some solar charging during the day), I don't bother counting kWh. Currently averaging around 150 mpg after 6000 miles.

Robert_Alabama likes this.
  5. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I’m at 9,200+ miles on 15 gal of gas but that’s only because I’m a home body and don’t take many hwy trips. So I can’t brag about it.
    However I will brag that I got an honest 48 mpg (after subtracting for charging) on the hwy/Interstate trip at 55 to 75 mph and some of that was going through some small towns.

What other car let’s you drive like a BEV in town and then gives you MPG in the 40s on trips with no range anxiety, and does it all in semi-luxury?
    Only the Clarity, baby!

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I like reading the big numbers some members post on this forum. I read great reports like yours and I tell myself that if I ever went anywhere, our Clarity could get those numbers, too. Reading your report is almost as good as actually getting those numbers myself. Don't assume your numbers aren't some of the best. There are some who don't get the best and some who don't get the worst, who never report (or perhaps even track) their gas mileage.

Today I noticed that our 2,700-lb, gen-2 Insight is getting 35 mpg on its current tankful of gas. I think I heard our Clarity laughing as I pulled into the driveway.

ClarityDoc and Robert_Alabama like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.