Massive price reduction!

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by DaleL, Jan 13, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. DaleL

DaleL Active Member

Tesla has just reduced the price of the Model Y by $13,000! I have not yet cancelled my reservation for an AWD red VW ID.4 Pro S Plus, but I expect I will very soon. That's because I went to the Tesla website and "built" a blue Model Y. MSRP $52,990 plus delivery fee and order fee. I paid the non-refundable $250 order fee. Obviously Tesla has a lot of inventory, because I am scheduled to take delivery next Saturday, 1/21/2023!

WOW, not sure how long this price reduction will last, as it obviously is to move existing inventory.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

I don't think they have a lot of inventory. However, it depends on how you define a lot of inventory.

They do have a lot of excess production capacity, especially for the Model Y. So they should be able to build and sell a record amount of Teslas this quarter.

I believe you where just faster to pull the trigger. I expect the wait times to increase. Hopefully, those who order this week and next will receive their cars before the $7,500 tax credit becomes $3,750.

Anyhow, I've been predicting a price drop for months now.

4. DaleL

DaleL Active Member

Tesla has changed the MY pricing again. The LR MY had gone up by $2,000 since the January 12th price drop to $52,990. However, it is now back to $52,990. Also, the regular (279 mile range) MY is available to order at $49,990. Also, Tesla has a notice that the MY qualifies for the full $7,500 IRA EV tax credit. There is no qualifier as to date.

LegoZ likes this.
  5. Paul K

Paul K Active Member

If this keeps up there could be a model Y in my future. I'm not keen on the looks of the vehicle but I do need a hatchback and access to the charging network would be lovely compared to my Chademo experiences on longer runs. I'm waiting for the Chevy Equinox to be out before making any decisions.

bwilson4web and Jim Matthews like this.