Map update

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Paul DeLeon, Sep 6, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Paul DeLeon

Paul DeLeon Active Member

I have been off for a while. When I left, map updates were plagued by a bug that removed the station names from SiriusXM displays.
    Has this been fixed?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I applied the most recent map update (April 2022) and I don't see this problem on my 2022 Kona EV Limited (10.2" infotainment display).

4. Paul DeLeon

Paul DeLeon Active Member

I have a Kona Ultimate. Perhaps it is a different system. Is there any way to update the map without losing control of SiriusXM stations.

5. It actually got better on the last update. Sorry I don't remember the details, but I think the names were back.

6. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Yes, correct. They did in fact fix that issue with SiriusXM names and sorting.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Does anyone know if you can rollback the map update to the last version? I keep a copy of the last install and want to try to go back to the previous one.
    Anyone tried this?
    Thanks,
    joev

9. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

You can't ... without corrupting it to the point of making it bricked. I don't even think the "UPDATE" process will allow it since it looks at current vs updated version number and will deny it.

Joev likes this.
  10. Thanks for the reply.
    There are a few bugs that I would like to correct but I guess it will have to wait till the next update.

11. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

12. To remove this ad click here.