Made a cool discovery - thanks TVA!

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Fast Eddie B, Mar 30, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Playing around with the updated HondaLink app, I did a search for nearby charge stations. It found a free one about 5 miles away, at the Melton Hill Dam boat ramp:

[​IMG]

Nice day for a drive, so I headed over.

Anyway, it’s a TVA “Demonstration Project”:

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG]

It’s a showcase for hydro and alternative energy sources. I counted 4 charging spots, two at a lower parking area and two at an overlook. Charged up a bit at both the lower parking area and the overlook, my first times using a public station or 240v:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyway, a pleasant surprise finding this so close to home. There’s also a campground, boat dock and hiking trail. It looks like a great destination for dog walks or picnics or whatever.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

Nice that this one isn’t a blink lol. Pickwick Landing State Park Inn has Blinks at the normal outrageous price. They did also have 120v outlets all over that I plugged into while we ate there though. I did tryout the blink to see if it would at least tell me kWh used even though it was charge by time and it did not :/
    Due to the super high cost and usually slow rates of charge (4.5-5kw) I won’t even consider them. I do know things really need to be figured out though and there needs to be a balance point where these stations are actually being used. Currently they are so expensive that they don’t generate any revenue for the company.

4. Went back today with Karen and the dogs...

[​IMG]

There’s a nice little hiking trail that’s about a mile each way. In the time we were hiking, about an hour, the car charged from 24 to 51 EV miles remaining. It’s so close to our TN digs that’s I think this will become a pretty regular visit!

MPower, trengle, LegoZ and 1 other person like this.