Mach E Purchase

Discussion in 'Mustang Mach-E' started by Michael Kedzior, Apr 27, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Michael Kedzior

Michael Kedzior New Member

I am interested in purchasing an electric car later this year; The 2023 Mach E AWD CA. route 1 extended range battery is my first choice. Does anyone know if the performance suspension package will be offered as an option to the other trims besides the Mach E GT Performance?
    Also, the battery technology is changing so fast that after 2025 the current batteries in the Mach E may be obsolete.
    Will the current battery platform in the present Mach E allow for a new battery upgrade for a decent cost without having to buy a new car?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

I can not say what Ford may offer for battery upgrades in the future. I am thinking since a Mach-e has a 400V architecture, it would be impossible but I am no engineer.

As for the performance package on the GT PE, that is only for the that model. The Route 1 is Ford's range king. In fact, I thought it only came in RWD.

If you want the latest battery tech, that would be either Hyundai/Kia or Tesla.

4. I know after-market suspension components are starting to show up on the market but I have not heard of any options for factory suspension mods.

Batteries are warrantied for 8 years (I think 10 in California) so it unlikely you will see replacement options any time in the next 8-10 years. 2025 is only 2.5 years from now I doubt the Mustang Mach-e battery will be obsolete. My Kona battery is almost 3 yeas old and still has the same capacity as the day I leased it. Battery technology is changing but it a slow process

5. Ford spent a lot of time testing and selecting their battery chemistry. Especially since this is there first major entrance into full EV's. They saw what happened to the rush in by GM and others to compete with What the industry thought was a fad with Tessla. So, todays batteries are about as good as it will be for many years. Like all car's, they will look for cheaper and faster ways to make newer design's. They are being very cautious with the designs right now. And until they get there own battery plants up and proven, it will remain that way. Especially with the new Lightening coming.