Looking forward to this vehicle!

Discussion in 'Blazer EV' started by Johnny Mars, Mar 24, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Johnny Mars

Johnny Mars Member

The current Blazer is quite a looker, and I'm hoping the EV will be priced under $40k with AWD and 275 miles of range. I can afford to wait since my '13 Volt is still getting me around economically (134 MPG lifetime average) with bulletproof reliability. I figure I've saved about $5k in gas and maintenance so far, and that's from a PHEV. I would not be surprised to see GM release more PHEV trucks and utility vehicles while the EV future is being built. They are still practical and relevant.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

That's a pretty optimistic set of specs for an EV at that price.

I'm with you on the utility of a PHEV. Our Honda Clarity PHEV goes 47 miles on a charge (except in winter). Thanks to the pandemic eliminating our long trips, we've been to the gas station once in 2 years. GM and Honda have both moved on from PHEVs, however. There are no hints that they will returning to the fold.

It's funny that even though Honda was making hybrid cars long before GM, GM will be making Honda's Prologue EV (a re-badged Blazer EV?). Will people nickname it the "Hondummer," "Hondolt," or "Hondazer" the way they nicknamed Honda's re-badged Izuzu SUV the "Honduzu" years ago?