Looking for a cabin air filter in Canada

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Rick2020Kona, Nov 4, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rick2020Kona

Rick2020Kona New Member

Anyone know where I can get one

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. mikeselectricstuff

mikeselectricstuff Active Member

No but be aware that it is not the same as for the petrol model

4. This is the one I use, https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9725344&cc=3443271&jsn=384 , on my second replacement filter. Cheap as borsht $5.37 US or around $7.50 Canadian plus shipping. I usually buy 5 filters and with shipping and GST it still only works out to around 10 Canadian loonies per filter. Its listed for 20019 Hyundai Elantra, a little lesser quality than OEM but fits and works perfectly.

Rick2020Kona, Esprit1st and BC-Doc like this.
  5. Rick2020Kona

Rick2020Kona New Member

Thank you
    I ordered some. Cheers

TD2021 likes this.
  6. I was going to order some of these, but have a question for you. Which shipping did you use, UPS, Fedex or Post? Post is actually a little more (surprisingly) and Fedex is the cheapest. However, I have been dinged in the past by additional broker fees upon delivery by Fedex or UPS when ordering from the US. With US Postal/Canada Post, always seems to come with no additional fees. So would rather pay a few bucks more upfront to save on brokerage fees?

I live in Langley, just a short hop to go across the border. But looks like it will be closed for a long time to come yet, so want to order it direct to here now.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. When I got mine, the shipping was FedEx @ $11.99 cost. The filters were $5.95 each (USD)
    For 4 filters including shipping the total cost was less than $50 Cdn

mho likes this.
  9. So no additional brokerage fees on delivery with Fedex? Fedex right now is 12.99 CAD which is the cheapest shipping option. In total also less than $50 CAD for 4 filters, which is decent.

10. Invoice just showed $11.99 , all I know is I have (still have) 4 replacement filters that will work, and the cost was a heck of a lot less than the dealership price (by about $20 each). The added benefit of course is not having to pay the dealer to install @ their shop rate when annual service requires replacement.

mho likes this.
  11. Yeah, the invoice would only show initial cost and shipping. If they didn't try charge you extra at the door, then no brokerage. I have had that happen to me several times with fedex and ups, but never postal. But if the amount is small enough, maybe they don't bother.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. I order alot from Rockauto. Usually Rockauto collects the appropriate taxes(GST) up front and there are no additional brokerage fees even with Fedex. Sometimes they will state that taxes and fees are due upon delivery and its typically if you choose canadapost.

14. Thanks, I'll go with Fedex, and they are the cheapest in this case.

15. I ordered this morning, and this afternoon got the shipped message with expected delivery on Tuesday. Wow, they sure are fast, esp considering it is coming from the US. And the message says customs fees (brokerage) are prepaid, so that is good. Total came to $42.66 CAD, for 4 filters. Definitely a good deal. Now let's just hope they send the right ones and they fit.

16. Lex23

Lex23 Member

Have you found (or even searched) for a reusable filter instead? I am looking for one now and wanted to see if there are any.

17. I don't think you can buy a "reusable" cabin air filter, like you can with ICE engine intake filters. Having said that, you can easily remove and clean your cabin air filter with just a vacuum. I have done that a couple times already with mine (although it wasn't terribly dirty). But I figured I should have some new ones on hand, and these were pretty cheap.

18. Lex23

Lex23 Member

I’ve been looking for it and none of them have the Kona electric option.. I emailed one of them and asked, just thinking if I could find a more environmental option

19. Got my order today, can't believe how fast. Ordered on Sat, delivered on Mon, and all the way from Socal, across the border, and to my home. This is faster in most cases than for domestic orders. And yeah, no brokerage fees upon delivery.

Now just have to make sure they fit.

20. Pheonician

Pheonician New Member

I just installed the K&N cabin air filter vf2059 on my ‘21 Kona. Fits perfect.

https://www.knfilters.ca/vf2059-cabin-air-filter

21. E-Shark

E-Shark Active Member

Did they work for you?

22. XtsKonaTrooper

XtsKonaTrooper Well-Known Member

Are these rock auto ones, activated charcoal also?

23. XtsKonaTrooper likes this.