Kona EV honk

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by JOSEPH CORTEZ, Jul 6, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. I have a Kona 2019 EV. It honks 3 quick times when I start the car. Does anyone know why it does this? I did not mess w anything for this to happen. It starts fine just the honks I’m not digging.
    Joe Norwalk CA.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Maybe a new kind of pedestrian warning feature.
    Just kidding, weird!

4. This was one of the weirder complaints I've seen from just one other owner over the past 2.5 years. A siren sound going off was another, mentioned by perhaps three owners. No idea was the resolution was.

5. KiwiME likes this.
  6. chris1963

chris1963 New Member

I had this problem too on my 2019 Kona. Then I realized someone in my fam knocked the small shell off the after market KARR alarm system the dealer installed. Mounded on the face of the console, maybe not the best place to install since it can by prone to an accidental kick. After placing the cover back on and disconnected and reconnected the wire connection to the small alarm indicator (bright green light that blinks when its on), the honking stopped after that. The wired connection is somewhat like a small ethernet connection. Hope that solves the mystery for those with this problem.

7. To remove this ad click here.