Killed three people blames on COVID-19 vaccine

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bwilson4web, Oct 7, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Source: Suspect in 3 Maryland Deaths Said Government Was Poisoning People With Vaccine: Court Documents – NBC4 Washington

A man suspected in the killings of three people in Maryland, including his brother, told his mother he wanted to confront his brother about the government poisoning people with COVID-19 vaccines, according to charging documents.

West Virginia State Police arrested Jeffrey Burnham, 46, Friday.

Small wonder where he got this fatal fantasy?

When will the anti-VAX and anti-maskers take responsibility for their role in this?

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Yes, the govts have really failed to show and convince people that vaccines work and are safe. Wearing masks outdoors or on a zoom call when you are fully vaccinated does not give people confidence. And shaming, blaming and bullying them only makes them more distrustful.

I personally have helped/convinced at least 4 anti vaxers to take the vaccine. I did it by listening to their objections and then provide them with real science data and stats (from John Hopkins University). They were very distrustful/skeptical of what they were hearing and seeing from the political leaders and doctors, who kept changing their stories.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  4. SouthernDude

SouthernDude Active Member

As soon as the MSM takes responsibility for incorrectly reporting anything scientific and then gaslighting anyone who questions it.

[​IMG]

5. Becoming very much like China, where the media is just a mouthpiece for the communist party.

We know people here that have family still back in China. There they actually believe that covid was brought in by the US, because that is what they are being told. And no news to the contrary is allowed. Sound familiar?

6. bwilson4web

FOX now playing at the bar.

Bob Wilson

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SouthernDude

Nah. It seems like it's been this way for decades. It's always interesting how the MSM almost always makes mistakes that benefit the far left's narrative.

By the way, the US government was involved with coronavirus research at the wuhan lab. lol. It was almost certainly gain of function research.

9. SouthernDude

lol. People's mistrust of the MSM has absolutely nothing to do with fox news.

10. Yes, they have always been biased. But now they don't even try to hide that they are emboldened activists in support of the radical left. And cancel culture is their newest tool in their quest to create a one party federal nation, not unlike what CA has become as a state. Only one view point will be allowed, and kids will be taught the party's doctrine. That's what China is.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. bwilson4web

You are blessed. We are cursed by FOX. Many last words are repeats of FOX claims about COVID-19. Fortunately by FOX suckers.

Bob Wilson

13. SouthernDude

Cancel culture is certainly a part of it. What is more concerning is how virtually all MSM outlets immediately run with the far-left's narrative with zero fact checking then quietly follow up when it's ultimately not true. It was especially blatant last year with the coverage of the "mostly peacful" (lol) BLM riots during covid. You know, where these riots were not considered super spreader events, but literally any other smaller gathering was super problematic. That pretty much convinced people that the response to the virus was mostly political. Not to mention the numerous gatherings of the elite class where virtually none of them wore masks event though they demand masks on everyone else. That's only on one issue though. Its like this with everything now.

14. SouthernDude

lol. Imagine being such a gullible rube to think that Fox news is the problem.

15. I think this is what spawned a lot of anti-vaxers. The leaders and so-called covid experts have been wrong so many times, they just don't trust them anymore. And the shaming and bullying just makes it worse.

Like I said the media has absolutely no credibility these days, esp when they only support one political side with their bold left wing activism, even though they represent only half the population.

16. SouthernDude

Well, it's more or less the government and media's reaction to people questioning different stances taken. Realistically, it is unlikely that the government would have had a good plan rolled out to deal with things. However, when things changed, the media and government just gaslighted everyone instead of being humble about the changes.

Remember, it when it was just 2 weeks to flatten the curve? lol. At this point, I am 100% convinced that the vaccination rate of the nation doesn't actually matter in terms of the restrictions. Australia is essentially a police state over this. It is absurd.

In general, media "fact checks" are pretty funny. That is where you can see bias clearly. Most of them are just spin.

lol. WHOOPS. Always make mistakes like this and then add tiny little corrections at the end after the lie has taken effect.
    [​IMG]

17. Yup, never ends. Still see stuff in media repeated years after it was proven wrong, and all one sided of course. They are clever in how they report it, though, citing other sources, and careful not to declare it as fact. But the desired result/impact prevails, and so much of the public blindly believe what they see/hear in the media. BobW is a good example, with all the stuff I see him say here that I know is just not true.

I like to hear things from the horse's mouth, not what some biased media tells me was said, or their interpretation. They are so good at taking things out of context, or an incomplete quote, and even a joke, then using it to support their narrative. And the blind herd laps it up, helping to support their misguided beliefs.

18. SouthernDude

It's pretty egregious. I no longer trust anything I have learned about modern history because of how bad the media is. Granted, all of history itself is generally biased, but I care more about the characterization of more recent history because that affects me more. Realizing this has radicalized me quite a bit. lol

It is sad how many people still completely trust what the MSM says. That is changing though because fewer people are watching MSM, like CNN or MSNBC. It's impossible to tell with Bob because he could be trolling. I actually think he is because few people are really that intentionally dense. I just entertain it because it's fun. lol.

I do too. There are two concepts that this media behavior makes me think of: Manufactured Consent and the Overton Window. The first is self explanatory, and the second refers to the range of allowable opinions in society. Interesting concept. A political theory I've taken interest in is something that's loosely called the Cathedral: https://www.unqualified-reservations.org/2008/04/open-letter-to-open-minded-progressives/ . Bit of a long read, but I think it accurately describes what is going on.

I treat all news articles like opinion articles now. I try to see if they have links to original sources and then I see for myself. Viewing all media sites as opinion sites has actually restructured the way I look at news. I am now more curious on how stories get characterized and what stories don't get reported by certain outlets. It also reduces source tribalism to look at things this way too.

R P likes this.
  19. I read the entire article (chapter 1), although will admit that it did challenge my attention span. It definitely challenges common beliefs, not just progressives, but also conservatives, and basically all strong held beliefs. I sometimes think I am not a shallow thinker, but that article challenged that, too. And surprisingly relevant given that it written in 2008. Some things to think about...

The article talked a lot about progressives vs conservatives, but never mentioned libertarians (not be confused with independents or independence movements). Wonder how the author would describe them or where they would fit in?

20. bwilson4web

About 10% of the COVID-19 hospital beds are by those who have been vaccinated. The unvaccinated in Alabama are less than 50%. They are 90% of the COVID beds.

So I’m OK with these numbers. FOX and the Republicans are killing their own. Perhaps their survivors will get a clue or not. It has no effect on this vaccinated, booster, and flu vaccinated individual.

The facts and data from credible sources are no longer an issue. Just whether or not you’ll let random posters lead you to their desired fate: your COVID risk, death, or disability.

Bob Wilson

21. SouthernDude

Yeah. It's a bit long and wordy and there are several chapters. The author doesn't get to the point quickly. The basic gist of his diagnosis of American politics is that America is essentially ruled by a decentralized oligarchy that is acting in service to what he describes as an areligion, or a godless religion. It's really interesting. It makes more sense when you read more of it.

edit: Here is a link to an audio recording of the whole document if you'd rather listen to it. This channel also has more condensed versions of what is written here too.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1a38XXThqSZjjmmE2pYptl0bt_exOjhd

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021