Kia EV6 PreOrders continue June 8, 1:00 EST. Have you reserved?

Discussion in 'Kia EV6' started by woodsmithnh, May 27, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. So, apparently there are issues with the Kia website and reservations can't be completed. After the Forum Twitter account tweeted about this thread, we got a number of replies from frustrated would-be buyers, so I gave it a shot myself.
    Kia-EV6-preorder-issue.jpg

3. So, apparently that whole Limited Edition reservation thing didn't work out so well.
    Now, when you try to reserve you get this message telling you to try again next Tuesday at 1:00 EST.
    The Kia EV6 First Edition reservation is temporarily closed. It will reopen on Tuesday June 8th at 10AM PT / 1PM ET, with hundreds of EV6 First Editions still available for reservation.
    Sounds like some people may have been successful, since they say "hundreds still available."

AnthonyIEV likes this.
  4. Reservations for EV6 Limited Edition vehicles are still scheduled to continue tomorrow.
    Kia-EV6-reserve-tweet.jpg

5. To remove this ad click here.

6. ITown

ITown Active Member

I was toying with the idea of reserving one, but I can't quite stomach the $58,500 price tag. I think my upper limit is around $50,000 for a car, after taxes rebates.

If I got one, I'd get the yellow option though.

7. AnthonyIEV

AnthonyIEV New Member

Yeah, I reserved one. Steel Matte Gray. The EV6 is most likely the EV to tempt me away from the Mach-E GT I have reserved. It's basically Kia practicality vs. Mustang beauty.

ITown, electriceddy and Domenick like this.
  8. Cypress

Cypress Active Member

PNW
    And reservations for the first edition already sold out. Though you can sign up to be on a waitlist.

I’m was considering it, but I didn’t care for any of the first edition color combinations.

9. Good point about those color combinations. Of the three options, I would have chosen yellow/back, but not because that's my favorite combo. It's more like the least bad.

10. To remove this ad click here.

11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

"yellow/back" sounds like a cowardly EV!

InsideEVs should request an interview with the "designer" who chose those color combinations.

Domenick likes this.
  12. I did not realize these would be so popular or I would have watched more closely. I moseyed over today and it seems reservations are all closed out.

13. I would put my name on the list if you're interested, though. It's likely some cancel their reservation for whatever reason.

14. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The anti-Tesla EV crowd spoke loudly and quickly.

15. EnerG

EnerG Active Member

Where can one view the color and trim options. Kia US and Kia Canada do not link to any build pages.

16. Anaglypta

Anaglypta Active Member

UK
    You might want to look on this forum - lots of advice and ino available.

John