Keyless system failure

Discussion in 'Honda' started by victor_2019, May 23, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. victor_2019

victor_2019 Active Member

The keyless system fails very often, as in at least 50% of the time.

Many times i walk up to the car and try to open the trunk and nothing happens.

Few times i walk up to the door and try to open it an nothing happens.

And extremely often i get out of the car and walk towards the trunk and i hear the 5 rapid beeps.

Most importantly this morning after hearing the 5 beeps i pressed on the door button and nothing happened, the doors didn't lock. This happened on two different occasions this morning.

The car is new, i switched remotes and made no difference.

Is this normal or is there something defective?

I thought pressing the door handle button would lock the car even if the car doesn't sense the key?

And why would it not sense the key when I'm right in front of the door?

If i take the key out of my jeans pocket then it works, but don't tell me a piece of fabric blocks the signal??

laptop likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

"If i take the key out of my jeans pocket then it works, but don't tell me a piece of fabric blocks the signal??"

I would try replacing the battery or drop in to your dealer. My dealer would look at that without an appointment.

4. Zor

Zor Member

Try changing the pocket you have your keys in. Fabric wont block the signal but a body will. Lock failure is more likely to happen when the keys are in your pocket facing away from the car.

A couple of days ago I approached my car from the side, unlock failed. Keys in the pocket facing away from the car. Rotated my self 90 degrees so the keys where parallel to the car and it unlocked. It really shouldn't be that weak but it is.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019