Just got an email about an engine campaign

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by davidtm, Feb 5, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

I can't determine if this is something related to the reports of the clicking noise at low speeds (which I've yet to experience), or some generic message to drum up service business:

"Our records indicate that your Kia vehicle may have an outstanding engine-related product improvement campaign. To ensure your vehicle is operating at its optimum performance levels, it is important that you schedule an appointment to have this campaign completed FREE OF CHARGE. Please contact your local authorized Kia dealer for assistance.

Sincerely,
    Kia Motors America, Inc."

Thoughts, anyone?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. TandM

TandM Active Member

4. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

Nope, I have the EV. Yeah, the use of the word "engine" is one reason it seemed generic.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

5. TandM

TandM Active Member

Maybe call the garage and have them check the VIN? Seems a little weird, maybe they just blanketed all the Niro owners without regard to what is under the hood.

6. TheHellYouSay

TheHellYouSay Member

I see this with the Kia service departments. Hounding me to come in for my first service at < 5k with flyers that say it's time for an oil change. That's almost too soon to even do a tire rotation on an EV, I was going to wait for 7500 or so.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I have not had any notice like this, 2.5 months almost, and 2500 miles

9. TandM

TandM Active Member

There is a maintenance section in the Kia Access app (and in the manual of course) the first service is due at 7500 (and yes, you are right it is for tire rotation an a few other small items.

10. wizziwig

wizziwig Active Member

Hopefully a sign of an official recall or TSB for the cars with defective noisy motors. That would make it much easier for owners to get repairs without jumping through hoops. If this is not a law firm looking for business, I would definitely call the number on the notice to find out the details. What year/month is your car? You can find the date on the VIN sticker inside the driver side door frame.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020