Jay Leno experiences the Aptera "Sol" alpha prototype

Discussion in 'Aptera' started by Kerbe, Oct 11, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. This was a pretty great appearance. Lots of good technical points and explanations. Plus, we can see it has a frunk!

Aptera-frunk.jpg

4. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

They've told us - several times - that Aptera won't have a frunk. In the dialogue you hear it described as a place to store the tent. The fact that we've never seen the Sol prototype with it windows closed leads me to question if they've not installed AC in this prototype and are, simply, using the space an AC system would inhabit for storage... And, really, anything having to do with the alphas is pretty much moot: This video was shot on May 22 and much redesign for the betas has happened since then.

5. J Schultz

J Schultz New Member

I'm very excited for this vehicle. It would be a fun upgrade after my Bolt lease is up. The cool thing is the base model with 250 miles of range would be more than enough, although I'd likely get the middle of the pack model. The front wheel drive with 5.5 seconds 0-60 is plenty quick. Does anybody know if they will offer leasing instead of purchasing?

6. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

At this point in time they're just entering the beta prototype phase - and are still raising funds toward setting-up production. I doubt that they've given much thought to financing options for purchase/lease - but I'm sure they'll have it all figured-out by the time the enter production.

A search revealed that there were two companies in the US that offer motorcycle leasing: It's not something offered by manufacturers. Perhaps Aptera would take this route - using a third-party leasing company - rather than doing it in-house.

I selected AWD - not for speed but for better handling and dealing with poor weather conditions.

7. To remove this ad click here.