Jack pads

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by polyphonic, Apr 16, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

4. polyphonic

Ahh, good old imUfer, I should have known :p

Gonna order a set - thanks!

MichaelC likes this.
  5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I found that ECS Tuning product description very confusing--especially the retrofit kit requirement for the Countryman/Paceman. Why does one need aluminum in a jack pad? Last year I bought these on Amazon for $12. Despite the lack of an ECS Tuning logo, my SE hasn't fallen off the jack yet.

upload_2021-4-16_19-32-18.png

MichaelC and polyphonic like this.
  6. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

I use a 2x4 under the side skirt to distribute the load. Works great.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

I tried using a piece of 2x4 when jacking up our 2-ton Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid. After it split, I bought the rubber jack pads. My old 1850-lb aluminum Honda Insight hybrid with its 0.9 kWh battery was so much easier to lift!

9. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

What's the need to lift the SE? There's nothing under there to fix...:)

10. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Ha, good point. I've been using the 2x4 method on Minis for a long time, but I don't have an SE. I hope to find out someday :)

11. insightman

Well, if someone steals my catalytic converter...wait.

I have to take off my Loop Spoke rims to put on the Power Spoke rims for the Drive Electric Earth Day meet on the 24th (I want my SE to look as electric as possible). Then, to prevent a horrifying curb rash event from destroying the Power Spokes' Energetic Yellow circumferential ring, I'll return the Loop Spokes to the car after the meet.

CuriousGeorge, MichaelC and GvilleGuy like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. polyphonic

haha, well the way I’m driving my tires are not going to last 10k miles. Already need a rotation at 2800! 2/32nds lower in the front and a little chirpy.

14. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

To get the weight off the tires. I live in a four-season climate and always keep separate tires for summer and winter driving. I prefer to keep them mounted on their own rims and do the swap/rotation myself.

insightman likes this.
  15. I am doing the same as GetOffYourGas. As I am not a car enthusiastic person, I do not have a floor jack like most of you. I always use the jack that comes with the car. As the SE does not has one, the dealer is kind enough to give me one for free. The mechanic there showed me how to jack up the car as the attached photo. Any comments? He said the jack point is where they will put their hoist, just 4 arms at the same time. Mini jack point.jpg

16. I use a hockey puck. $1 at Dick's sporting goods. Works on my GTO.

GetOffYourGas and YellowDog like this.