items deleted

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by GloMini, May 9, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GloMini

GloMini New Member

Wife's not 2 happy not being able to not get heated steering wheel and alarm and is thinking about canceling current build then reordering when she can get those. Anyone got any idea how long that would be maybe look at the 2023 delivery date. Here a sign of the Times brother order a new Maverick then when it came in he did not want it So sold his first option to buy to dealership for $3,000 How crazy is that average dealer markup $6000

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Perhaps the supply chain to China will be more robust than the supply chain to the UK and you will be able to get 2024 MINI Cooper SE with a heated steering wheel and alarm.

4. rustybones

rustybones Member

If it means anything the alarm system is easy to retrofit and you can buy heated steering wheel covers online. You could also wait for the car to arrive, maybe you might get lucky and receive them like some people have, otherwise don’t buy the car.

5. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure if the build sheet says credit, it is a credit. My car is in QC now, and the build sheet says credit.

My red one didnt have the back up sensors. Another one the dealer ordered had them. Othewise they were the same. Same MSRP. Build sheet didnt have them. I was hoping they would be on the car. No luck. And the other car which was identical but for the color wasnt going to work since my wife disliked the color.

6. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

When I placed my order, my build sheet had the credit for the HK system, but it ended up shipping with it in the end. So it's not impossible that the missing options get added back later.

Texas22Step, Tommm and SameGuy like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

My Mini Garage shows a credit and it is in QC. I guess I am SOL.

9. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    If bimmer.work or mdecoder show the items, is it safe to assume they’re in the build? The former shows the heated wheel, ACC, and HK, but no alarm.

10. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

Personally I’m happy to have the credit. The alarm system is worthless to me and I plan on preconditioning the cabin while plugged in in the garage every morning, so the heated steering wheel seems like overkill.

polyphonic, Texas22Step and abrandt like this.
  11. jwzimm

jwzimm Active Member

Is this the case? I was told there would be no retrofit available for the alarm. I assume the reason is that the car will not be pre-wired for the modules since Mini/BMW stopped doing that some time ago. Do you have any source or data that says different and that the alarm can be retrofit?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

I was a bit bummed about not getting the heated steering wheel (but completely understable under current world conditions), but you make a great point about the pre-conditioning! I hadn't even thought of that and that is probably more than adequate in itself!

polyphonic and Aquavir like this.
  14. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

It isn't the mornings. The car is in the gargae so it isn't cold in the mornings. It is the evenings. I liked using the bun toasters and heated steering wheel, which i believe used less electricity thatn using the heater.

GetOffYourGas and Aquavir like this.
  15. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

Yeah, that’s a good point. I guess I don’t know what I’m missing as I’ve only ever had heated seats.

16. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Just drive a TOYOTA if you are on the fence with heated steering wheels. It's only heated at the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions (who heats half a steering wheel???). I'm guessing they are transitioning to steering yokes anyways.

17. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

The heated steering wheel is nice, but I didn't use it as much as I thought I would for exactly that reason. 5-10 minutes of preconditioning was enough for me to not even think about turning it on, and then being parked in the sun at work meant it was fine on the way home

18. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Active Member

The heated wheel gets darned hot! The few times I use it, I turn it off about the time it gets to full speed.

Rob

19. drdunkyn

drdunkyn Well-Known Member

Sour grapes aside, the heated SW is good. It heats the whole circumference, and it's really nice. The pre-conditioning cabin feature is also fantastic but doesn't keep los manos caliente. If I didn't have it I wouldn't die, but having it makes my life better. These aren't air-bags, they're for comfort.

20. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

I, for one, love the heated steering wheel. It's great for those single (F) digit days, and I only have to have it on for the first ten minutes of my ride. And, of course, the heated seats get used a lot - the heating control is set to 60F. On the opposite end, I hardly ever use the air con.

21. Jonny Silver

Jonny Silver New Member

Car wrap ftw

22. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Defeats the purpose of buying what we want for the price we wanted to pay. If I was going to piss away a few grand more on the car I would have found one in the color, or gotten a plus or iconic instead of wasting money on a wrap.

SameGuy likes this.