Is there a way to pre-AC my car through key fob?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by CLARITEA, Apr 18, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. My app is broken but I want to pre-AC my car through the key fob, what is the button or shortcut for it?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Inside EVs mobile app

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Chuck

Chuck Member

Page 199 in Owners Manual

upload_2019-4-18_14-44-14.png

neal adkins likes this.
  4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Easy Peasy per p 199 of the manual.
    Just press Lock and within 5 seconds press and hold the Climate button (fan symbol directly below Lock).
    You eventually will get 6 flashes on the ext lights as confirmation.
    Be aware that it may take a few minutes to start and will cancel if a door or hood is opened. Also won’t engage if door or hood is open, power mode in anything other than off, or HV battery low.
    It will only run for 30 min before turning off, but I’ve found that it only needs <10 min for me but I have ceramic heat reflecting tint. YMMV.
    I love getting in a toasty car in the winter and a cool car in the summer.
    Hmm...it’s really a cool car all the time!

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

In my experience, you can open any door but the driver's door without it canceling the pre-conditioning.

amy2421, Omgswify, JJim and 2 others like this.
  6. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Just be aware that the AC or heater will only turn on if the car inside temp and ambient temperature fall within programmed limits.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Well that proves that it’s not only the dealers who are clueless; it’s the manual too! Thanks.

And thanks to @jdonalds whom I think first shared the attached diagram showing the temperature parameters for the preconditioning.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  9. dnb

dnb Active Member

Thanks hadn't seen that doc before!

So summary: Turns off if drivers door or hood opened, or after 30 minutes or low battery / disconnected from charger.

Cools if outside temp > 77f (25c) or inside temp > 86f (30c) while outside >50f (10c)

Heats if inside temp < 50f (10c) or less or inside temp is < 59f (15c) and outside temp is 77f (25c) or less.

10. insightman

Pre-conditioning doesn't shut off when you unplug the EVSE. The battery takes over the burden. If you meant that pre-conditioning shuts off when the battery's SoC gets low if you're running pre-conditioning unplugged, then yes, that's true.

11. dnb

dnb Active Member

Hmm, mine seems to, but I also usually open the door within a few seconds of disconnecting it, but its also level 1 so maybe different.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

The Owners Manual, page 199, discusses the "recommended" charging voltage:
    When you use the climate control system while the
    vehicle is charging, it is recommended that you set
    the charging level to 240 volt charge.

Page 200 discusses unplugging:
    If the charging connector is unplugged, the High
    Voltage battery is used to power the climate control
    system.

14. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Don't see it mentioned here (if so I missed it), but you can precondition even with a Level 1 charger. Difference is, it won't start if the car is charging. This is easily done via the app (send a stop charge command and then a turn climate on).

15. Steven B

Steven B Active Member