Ionity Failed to make payment

Discussion in 'General' started by rcnesneg, Oct 20, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. rcnesneg

rcnesneg Member

Has anyone else received an email request from Ionity to make a bank transfer to reconcile fees for charging from 6 months ago? They claim their system had issues but the whole thing seems super suspicious. Apparently there is no other way to reconcile except a bank transfer.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

Sounds very suspicious. Call Ionity directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

insightman likes this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Even if you do have an Ionity account and the email really came from Ionity, a bank transfer request = red flag. Their system had issues, but it remembers how much you owe them? Did they tell you when and where the charging occurred? Did you charge there and then? How much do they want you to transfer?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
  5. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Do you have to transfer the funds to somewhere in Africa? Sounds suspicious indeed.

rcnesneg likes this.
  6. rcnesneg

rcnesneg Member

I contacted Ionity and they sent back the same copy-and-paste information that was in the first email. For what it's worth they never told me what I owe or what bank information to send it to, just that they will be asking for money.

The bank transfer is a major red flag... And not possible for some people or goes against policy.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. rcnesneg

rcnesneg Member

Update - Ionity finally sent me payment information for the bank transfer for my $65 account balance. I went to my bank and attempted to start this transfer. However, Ionity's bank can't accept wire transfers of less than $1000. On top of that, even if they could, the wire transfer fees are $45 to send $65 worth of money, which is insane.

So... Ionity isn't set up to accept payment from international customers.