IONIQ 5 Insurance - UK

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Lou, Jul 25, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Lou

Lou New Member

Hi All
    I’m new to this forum, but happy to have found it!
    I’ve been allocated a P45 (I chose Digital Teal Green, such a change from my usual Black! I just hope I like it ), which is apparently on the Grande California
    I’m about to be “handed over” by Hyundai VIP to my Hyundai dealer so I can liaise with them about home charging etc.
    I was wondering if anyone had enquired about insurance?
    We had a test drive in a LHD P45 at the end of June and it was about to get its insurance classification, but haven’t heard anything else.
    Thanks

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. George56

George56 New Member

I understand the Ioniq 5 has been given a provisional group 44 rating by Thatcham. I think the car comes with 7 days complimentary insurance from Hyundai. I am sure they would be pleased to give a quote. Direct line also gave us a quote.

4. Lou

Lou New Member

I’ve been on a few comparison sites and they all now have the models listed including the P45. The price difference between the highest and lowest like for like quote was a staggering £345!

5. Mackemsteve

Mackemsteve New Member

I priced it up and was quoted £405. I currently pay £300 for a VW T-Roc, so was pretty happy with that quote.

6. TonyInGA

TonyInGA Member

Apologies for bumping a old thread, but...

What's the frequency (monthly, quarterly, etc) for that?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Lou

Lou New Member

The difference in price I quoted earlier was annual - I think the price comparison site had a cheapest to dearest of £245 to £590. Altogether on another site I was quoted £800+!
    In the end I added it to the existing insurance for our BMW 525d for an additional £79 until sometime in April. I was very happy with that.:D

TonyInGA likes this.
  9. TonyInGA

TonyInGA Member

I can only hope that the U.S. price for insurance will be that reasonable (800 Euros = U.S. $945.00).

For my 2020 Chevy Bolt, I'm paying U.S. $1,240.00.

Yeah, typically, adding to an existing policy does save $.

I'd be very happy with that price, too.

Lou likes this.