Inside EVs overloads my computer

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by David Towle, Feb 23, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David Towle

David Towle Well-Known Member

Anyone else have this problem? Inside EVs regularly puts my 7 year old Mac into beach ball waiting mode for minutes at a time. No other site I use does this. Maybe I just gotta get a new computer.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I read every post, carefully containing my impulse to type in smart-aleck responses. Using Chrome on my creaky Windows 7 laptop, I never have to wait. I wonder if the slow-loading ads are causing your problem? Have you tried a different browser? It would be cheaper to buy an Inside EVs membership to dump the ads than buy a computer. Are there any other computers in your household to compare the performance? If not, try your local library's computers.

ClarityDoc likes this.
  4. Alex800st

Alex800st Active Member

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 6.47.25 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 6.47.25 PM.png

Same for me. Single page takes more memory than everything else, more than win7 VM and always on top.

insightman likes this.
  5. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

No problems on a HP laptop running Windows 10. Even with a slow cell service internet.

6. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

Never a problem on Windows 10 Google Chrome, nor on my Safari browser on Iphone. I find this to be one of the better forum websites I visit, in terms of responsiveness and functionality of the platform.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Probably more a question for the main forum in the general section, because folks other than Clarity owners may chime in too.

To answer your question here.......I assume you are using Safari. Spend some time in Safari preferences and see if your settings allow a lot of background stuff to be loading and running. That's most likely your computer's problem and not this site. This site does have lots of intrusive ads, but they should not cause what you are describing unless you have a very slow Internet connection. After you adjust the Safari settings, clear history and cookies and advertisers. See if the resets and clearing fixes it.

K8QM likes this.
  9. Adblock and Ghostery report 4 ads and 2 trackers. That's not much and shouldn't affect load speed in such a heavy manner.

For the post above I will add restarting the computer. That is what I always do after a clean.