Infotainment Screen Freezes

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by McHufe, Oct 20, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. McHufe

McHufe New Member

My Infotainment Screen Freezes for some odd reason in my 2019 Hyundai Kona (Ireland). There is no pattern to it but most frequently happens when I start that car.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. This is not a commonly reported problem, sounds like it might be worth bringing up with your servicing dealer to investigate further.

4. mikeselectricstuff

mikeselectricstuff Active Member

I've seen occasional reports of this, but only one-offs which recovered itself after a while

5. McHufe

McHufe New Member

Thanks for the replies.

I have brought it up with the dealer multiple times but they cant find anything wrong.

I wonder does the whole system need to be replaced? I don't know is it just a small computer replacement or what!

6. electriceddy and McHufe like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Can you elaborate? Maybe a screen shot also? How does it fix itself?

9. McHufe

McHufe New Member

See video attached.

it’s just resets itself after an unspecified period of time or when the car is parked for a while.

Attached Files:

10. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Interesting. Did you try that "RESET" mentioned above? Otherwise I'd just take it to the Service center. Should be under warranty.

11. doggyworld

doggyworld Active Member

I think I've had my infotainment reset a couple of times on me while driving my 2019. It was odd, but not reproducable nor frequent so I just let it go. It always comes back and nothing else seems to be affected though. Just a bit jarring if I have the navigation on.

12. To remove this ad click here.