I recorded the perfect Ioniq 5 10-80% charging session

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Daniel Achatz, May 1, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Daniel Achatz

Daniel Achatz New Member

We are road tripping across Texas and I recorded this perfect charging session.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Vey nice and here I was excited with my first DC charge yesterday in the I5. The 200kW station was down but found an alternate 100kW station at my destination.
    Pulled 88kWh, which I thought was awesome considering my battery temp started at 6C. This was twice as fast as my former Kona under the same conditions. I gotta tell you I felt a little rushed. I have this routine at charge stops and I hardly even got chance to check my emails, lol.

4. Well that's not bad at all, if using Electrify Canada machines, you would be in the cheapest rate category at under 90 kW;)
    Previously I watched a new Ioniq 5 owner plug in to a 350 kW machine, and only achieved ~65 kW rate, but when he plugged into the 150 kW machine, the rate increase to ~ 130 kW, and the cost was about half.

Last edited: May 2, 2022
    Mike Bearsails likes this.
  5. Just watched your video! Excellent - we have owned our Ioniq5 for 6 weeks now and have put 6500km on it! Your results mirror ours...we get great speeds and have actually seen 185kw on 150kw Electrify Canada chargers! Superb charging car!
    We came from a Kona EV that we put 48,000km on in just 10 months and the Ioniq 5 is just such an upgrade due to charging speed!
    Hope your car is still doing well!
    Mike

electriceddy likes this.