Hyundai Ioniq 5 specs and launch date

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Domenick, Dec 22, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The Ioniq 5 is Hyundai's next electric vehicle and it will be based on the new E-GMP Platform. Based stylistically on the 45 Concept, it has been spotted testing under lots of camouflage so it's hard to say how the final vehicle will look yet, but thanks to a leak, we now know the specs and the launch date.

According to the Hyundai's Austrian site, the Ioniq 5 will launch in June 2021.

Specs:
    Battery: 58 kWh | 73 kWh
    Range: 280 miles (WLTP) | 342 miles (WLTP)
    Charging speed (DC): 18 minutes to 80% or 15 minutes from 20% to 80%
    Charging AC: Up to 11kW with

Powertrain Output: 308.4 horsepower (230 kW)
    All-wheel-drive: Yes
    Performance: 0-to-62 mph (100 km/h) 5.2 seconds

Length: 4,630 mm
    Width: 1,890 mm
    Height: 1,600 mm
    Wheelbase: 3,000 mm

Camera-based side mirrors will be available as an option (not in U.S.)
    Solar roof (maybe optional)

According to one source, the First Edition will only come with the smaller 58 kWh battery.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Hopefully the camera based side mirrors could be available in Canada, but probably not. Some times Hyundai provides features not available in U.S. as available on Canadian models .
    The 73 kW battery should provide a better buffer safety margin .

4. I imagine mirror camera availability depends on local legality. I'm not sure if they're still illegal in Canada. They still are in the U.S. (for now).

5. Kendalf

Kendalf Active Member

This is the EV that I'm waiting for, though I'd like to see what the Kia "CV" looks like in comparison. I like that Hyundai is taking a distinct, individualized approach to each of the Ioniq vehicles, rather than the same nested dolls look.

Domenick likes this.
  6. Todays news release Ionic 5 to be equipped with OTA updates (hope they bench test them first:)) in conjunction with increased Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) functionality.
    Also to be included with the E-GMP platform Kia Motors (CV series) and Genesis (JW series) as early as April 2021
    https://www.etnews.com/20210101000021

mho, E-Shark, Kendalf and 1 other person like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.