Hydrogen is never ever going to happen!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles' started by 101101, Nov 30, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Hydrogen is just a ponzi can kicking sham to try to inflate the stock prices of the forever failing (inherantly failed by physics and economics) natural gas 'industry.' Its dirtier than coal and as dumb and transparent a ponzi can kicker as 'clean coal.' Its as dumb as the notion of surplus green energy. Its horrible even as a storage tech. It doesn't work economically or politically or socially.
    Bridge fuel is ponzi can kicking. It is an attempt to blow the Paris accord limits.
    Its as fradulent as some one claiming to sell gold when all they have and intend to sell is fools gold. Too big has failed. Just look the new Mirai sucks. And the Nikola shilling was exposed for what it was. The natural gas con is over.

Anna_St likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

Let's not forget Joi Scientific.

Anna_St likes this.
  4. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Here we go. Biden's head of the economic council of investors is on loan from Black Rock as is another member of that group. And he placed Neera Tanden at the head of the OMB to make sure all the propsals are analysed the through the lense of utter depraved neo liberal crap. No wonder all those little crap NG companies were up in November.

5. world citizen

world citizen New Member

So, what do you think is going to power construction, haulage, shipping etc.???

6. DaleL

DaleL Active Member

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Diesel is much cleaner than grey hydrogen- so not bad at all that it kicked out grey hydrogen busses. Green hydrogen is just scammy diesel gate type cover for grey hydrogen or the total welfare queen NG non industry. Blue hydrogen is pure hypothetical bs. Hydrogen sucks in every way imaginable. 10 breakthroughs wouldn't make hydrogen work. Never ever going to happen. Its just a market con game that tries to say NG has a future- it doesn't. Its future is voided contracts because even with max subsidies people can get unsubsidized true green energy for 20x less than the maximally subsidized raw cost of NG and without the toxicity. The NG industry will be whining the way the South did over slaves about it being enititled to rents and exploitation. Given its actual contribution hostage taking (even hiding behind wretched public policy) its entitled to precisely nothing but unlimited liability and non dischargeable interest added debt and that is what it is going to get. Its called justice.

9. world citizen

world citizen New Member

Do you work for Big Oil, 101101?
    I rarely come accross so much uninformed, emotive twaddle than what eminates from you about hydrogen.

10. elecconnec

elecconnec New Member

Big oil? Nah, he seems like just another Tesla evangelist, so he's apparently anti anything that hasn't been blessed by Elon.

I'm a noob here, but in the few posts of his I've read so far he's anti hydrogen, anti "fuel", anti big oil, anti biofuel, anti legacy automakers, and even apparently anti any electric car made by a legacy automaker.

On the plus side, his posts are the most entertaining things I've read here yet. (Especially the one about how ICE cars and legacy automakers will be dead in two years.) Fun stuff! :)

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Recoil45

Recoil45 Active Member

I think he is an anti EV, just here to turn off people who visit to educate themselves about a possible first EV purchase (the reason I am here).

Either that or he is just an angry and miserable person who hates everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. world citizen

world citizen New Member

All a bit weird, since with a quck search one can easily establish that HYDROGEN ACTUALLY HAS ALMOST 3 TIMES THE ENERGY DENSITY OF GASOLINE!

14. world citizen

world citizen New Member

From your link:
    " 5 Conclusion
    Energy storage in hydrogen is a technically feasible option for grid-scale storage, and is already in pilot demonstrations. Because of its low round-trip efficiency, it may be overlooked in spite of its potential advantages, such as high energy density and low rate of self-discharge."

15. oophus

oophus New Member

If the point is backup power through grid-scale storage, no serious engineer would dismiss both oxygen that can be sold off to hospitals, fish farms etc, and heat that can be used for agriculture and district heating etc when producing those systems at scale.

In total, there is no problem in increasing round-trip efficiency in a system made for backup power and storage. Especially if you include high heat electrolyzers like SOEC and SOFC's that already can be above 90% efficient, and thus ~70%+ round trip efficiency including long term storage.