Hybrid mode question

Discussion in 'Rav4 Prime' started by Keith Wick, Feb 11, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Keith Wick

Keith Wick New Member

My question is with the hybrid mode on my RAV4 prime, 2022. It seems to work great with electric motor, and the motor runs fine, but when I’m going down the road anywhere between 30 miles an hour and 75 miles an hour, it seems like it is continually attempting to charge the battery, and while the battery will attempt to participate occasionally throughout the trip, it will only do so for a couple seconds and then it returns to charging the battery. Needless to say, this has significantly affected my hybrid mileage, currently I’m at about 30 miles per gallon on the highway in hybrid mode. Is anyone else having this problem, any solutions?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

That pretty much sounds exactly like how hybrid mode works.

4. Sounds like how it supposed to work but the MPG sounds really low. I wonder about at what state of charge the RAV Prime tries to maintain the battery? Once you have exhausted EV mode range does it try to replenish that or just add and subtract a little charge as needed for the particular situation whist maintaining it at low or zero EV range capacity?