HVAC question

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Jim In Tucson, Jun 17, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

MINI knoob here.

Been lurking for months, but finally joined up. Going on 5 weeks into very pleased ownership of my first MINI, a ‘22 SE.

Coming from a Chevy Volt for the past 8 years, it is hard not to compare. One of the things I enjoyed in the Volt was leaving it running when I made a brief stop at store, bank, etc. Ignition left on, only A/C running obviously, lock car with remote, and run my errand.

I can’t figure out how to do this with the SE. Too many ‘nannies’ apparently. Does anyone have a possible solution?

Thanks,
    Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

The only solution is to turn on climatization when you leave. The car automatically turns off when you exit the vehicle, but you can have it climatize while unoccupied. I believe you get that as an option on the center console when you turn the car off.

Texas22Step likes this.
  4. Jim In Tucson

I think I tried that, but it only runs the fan not the A/C. I’ll try it again. Thanks.

5. Puppethead

Climatization heats or cools the SE to a preset temperature which can't be adjusted.

Texas22Step and Lainey like this.
  6. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

I've used it a few times and it felt great to me when it was hot out here. I don't keep my car super cold ever though.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Olof

Olof New Member

You have bought a British car. You don't leave the AC running (together with the motor on a traditional car) in Britain. :)
    There is a work around though; you can use the "climatise to departure time" feature. There is a check box for this when you tell the charging algorithm the departure time. Just select this option when you plug in the car at the bank or store. I hope this solves your issue.
    /Olof

9. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

This is what I do. I use it enough that I programmed it to one of my shortcut keys. Now I just hit the "1" key and the car starts to precondition. Very useful in both winter and summer here.

Texas22Step likes this.
  10. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

When you turn the car off the screen says something like “enable auxiliary climatization.”

Press the box to enable it.

Before leaving the car you can adjust the climate settings as usual and it will stick with that. Sometimes I turn it down a little.

I have been using the car in 100+ degree temps for weeks now. I always use this feature. Keeps the car nice and chilly!

11. Puppethead

Good to know! When you schedule climatization from the app you don't get to control the temperature.

Texas22Step and polyphonic like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Jim In Tucson

Thanks for the tip. Tried the climate setting at power down it worked like a charm. Just what I need during recent heatwave!

polyphonic likes this.