How to tell total GOM range without charging to 100%

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by electriceddy, Jun 23, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I have yet to charge to 100% and will usually calculate total range (if I did charge to 100%) but there is an easier way;
    Just set the charge limit to 100% after charging (AC or DC) and it will appear on the screen.:rolleyes:
    Probably not news for some, but hopefully it can benefit others.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

The GoM will never show more than 318 miles I believe at the GoM range for 100%.. The 90% and lower range always changes.. The 100% ranges changes if it is below 318 but 318 miles seems to be the maximum range that this screen will ever show.. Once I drove very efficent and my 90% estimated range showed 320 miles and my 100% range showed 318 miles on the charge management screen.. Like I said, at least on my car, that 100% estimated range won't go over 318 miles. Actual estimated range at 100% charge has been as high as 349 miles..

4. Never had mine that high, right now its showing 488 km (303 miles). I guess that is one of the advantages of living in a warmer climate with no mountains to have to avoid. I wonder if that 318 miles on the 100% range has changed since your BMS update?

hieronymous likes this.
  5. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

I don't mind doing the calculation to figure what the GOM reading would be for 100%. My numbers are slowly inching up -- last time I checked the other day it worked out to 284 if I was fully charged. For some of the longish trips I'll eventually make -- like visiting my brother in the Sierra foothills -- that increase over the official 258 mi. range is actually enough to simplify my life a bit if it holds.

6. I take the GOM miles remaining and divide that by the percentage remaining.
    Example: 150 miles remaining divided by 50% charge remaining = 300 total @ 100%.

electriceddy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. We can do that calc all the time, but would be nice if there was an option to show it somewhere on the dash.

Bruce M. likes this.
  9. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

300 of the last 310 miles that I drove were at 4.0 mi/kwh, so my estimated range is low right now.. I'm only at 227 miles at 77% right now.. I'm usually at about 245 miles at 77%.. It'll take a few days of driving around town to get my 100% range back to that level..

10. How about just charging to 100%? Problem solved. Live a little.

electriceddy likes this.
  11. That would be too easy. Just curious Wildeyed , have you had the software update yet, or are we going to be the last once more? (somewhat reminiscent of our pre order deliveries):rolleyes:

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. No. Not yet. But it's only because I can't figure out a way to accomplish it safely in this covid environment. I need the battery update, the coolant pump inspection, my winter tire swap and my one year/24000 km inspection done. Quite the list.

14. There is an easier way, just have your younger passengers figure it out for you:
    [​IMG]:)

Kirk, John Lumsden, hobbit and 3 others like this.