How to permanently disable the heated seat

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Pobre, Apr 19, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Pobre

Pobre Member

Hi, I am asking to see if people have any idea how to or if anyone have disabled the heated seat buttons. I know about the fuse but it will also disable the other cluster next to it such as the ability to change drive style (eco, normal and Sport).

the reason for this is that I occasionally hit it by accident and especially if I hit the passenger side and I didn't notice it. it will then cost unnecessary energy consumption.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. You need to disassemble the central console to access the buttons from the bottom and unplug them from the wiring harness. I believe one of the members here Eric Reuter posted a video on interior console disassembly during his adventures to make the VESS into rail train sound and subsequent installation of radio scanner in this console.

4. Genevamech

Genevamech Active Member

Rather than dismantle the center console, it might be easier to see if there's a dedicated fuse for it, or just unplug it from the harness that's under the seat.

TBH it's not clear how much energy it actually consumes since it doesn't register on the console display.

5. Worrying about the seat consuming energy is like worrying that the dust on your paint is cutting down on efficiency. Seriously insignificant. But hey, you do you. Me, I'd just use the button designed to turn it off.

XtsKonaTrooper and Mattsburgh like this.
  6. PRGDénia

PRGDénia Member

Don't the heated seats just turn themselves off after a while anyway?
    I find the heated, and cooled, seats one of the best comfort features in the car.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. BaylorBob

BaylorBob Active Member

I'm Getting a Hot Drivers Seat intermittently even with all the buttons in the Off Position. I think it's Hyundais way of getting back at me for all my bad comments. Not going to take it to the dealer. He will look at it, say none of the buttons are on so it can't get hot. Or he will keep it all day to "Check it Out" then return it saying they can't find anything wrong with it. Anybody else notice their seat getting hot when all buttons in off position? Believe me you would know.

9. Jimct

Jimct Active Member

Best heating pad ever for back spasms. Uses very little electric and btw it shuts off when the car does. I wouldn't stress about it.

10. BaylorBob

BaylorBob Active Member

Your in Cold Connecticut where you probably Love a Nice Warm Seat. Down here in Sunny Southern California it was 87 Degrees Yesterday and a Hot Bottom isn't fun.

BC-Doc and Jimct like this.
  11. A Hot Bottom is always fun. :)

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. BaylorBob

BaylorBob Active Member

;););););)

14. TNGJ

TNGJ New Member

why not unplug seat?

XtsKonaTrooper likes this.
  15. BaylorBob

BaylorBob Active Member

I know there are plugs and wires under the seat but If I unplugged it the Power seat may stop working. Seems to be Very Intermittent. I can live with it. Thanks .

16. Pobre

Pobre Member

likewise here. i dont want to unplug things and get this instead or worse, disable the airbag or something.

17. GdB

GdB New Member

After many accidental butt cookings, which is really annoying in hot weather, I put a switch on the fuse panel with an ad a circuit. The drive mode and other buttons and features are not affected at all. I used the blade from a burned out fuse to hook up the switch in series to the ad a circuit, not the standard configuration.

Attached Files: