How to change "Home" location?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Nigel Warnes, Feb 11, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Nigel Warnes

Nigel Warnes New Member

Anyone know how to change the home location in the Cooper SE once it's set in the navigation map system. Mines been added with the wrong location but I can't find how to delete or change just this one location?

GvilleGuy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Nigel!

4. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

Yes, welcome @Nigel Warnes!

Digging around in my SE's menus, I found:
    Navigation > Settings > Change home address

It also looks like you can change this at:
    Communication > Contacts > Home contact

F14Scott and insightman like this.
  5. Nigel Warnes

Nigel Warnes New Member

That seems far too simple and obvious. I looked for ages and couldn't
    find how to change it. OK, off I go to the car to try again using both these.

Thank you for replying. It's good to know the forum works and is welcoming too

MichaelC and GvilleGuy like this.
  6. Welcome Nigel, This is where you will get real life answers to any EV questions, unfortunately the dealers do not want to invest time and money in training their staff regarding Electric Vehicles. This does not fill me with confidence should I have a technical issue with my car, my experience so far any call for support into the dealer is a waste of your time they know very little about the SE.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Nigel Warnes

Nigel Warnes New Member

Update : Many thanks for the pointer on this. What I'd missed previously was when I viewed the contact how to edit the address using current location. I've now discovered clicking on the map I can initiate a save current location to contact Home and add as a 2nd address. It took me a while to discovered when on the first address I can use the Option button to bring up a delete button. Hey presto it works but what a phaf to simple add current location as home address.

Thanks again for your help.

9. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Cool, that's new info to me. I like that you can have multiple home addresses. You know, for all of our second homes...

10. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Yes, welcome Nigel! I've enjoyed your perspectives on the MINI SE in your videos.

Nigel Warnes, moff1959 and insightman like this.