HondaLink Status Blank?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by turtleturtle, Nov 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

I feel like I’m asking a lot of questions lately, so apologies in advance.

The car seems to lose status often, even when plugged in and charging. I was thinking the TCU wasn’t getting enough signal, but it does show several bars. I’ve turned on the car WiFi and connected it to the home router.

Screenshot is with it plugged in at the house right now. So status all afternoon. IMG_1767.JPG

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

That happens to mine probably once or twice per month. Right now, it seems to be working properly.

4. turtleturtle

I wonder if it’s just the servers going down. Happens periodically for me as well.

5. turtleturtle

Update on this one. The service just seems buggy this week.

Couldn’t stop charging.
    Made me re-authorize the remote features.
    Couldn’t locate the car for 48 hours.
    Couldn’t start climate control.

Sometimes it works, but it feels like they’re upgrading the servers or something.

6. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

If Honda decided to start charging for this 'service', I'm curious who would actually pay for a subscription? I know I'd pass...

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Last time I looked, non-Clarity Honda owners who want HondaLink have to pay $89/year after the first free year. I wonder if the $89 version is more reliable?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  9. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

"Last time I looked, non-Clarity Honda owners who want HondaLink have to pay $89/year after the first free year. I wonder if the $89 version is more reliable?"

I don't know if the $89 version is better, but I do know that the Ford and Jeep versions are more worthless the the free Honda version. I would not pay money for any of them.

10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Except for the long-standing lag in the odometer reading, my HondaLink has been working well for the past few months (knock on the fake wood on my Touring's dash). BMW's free MINI Connect app has worked flawlessly since I installed it in August.

11. turtleturtle

It kind of bites.

I’ve tried to get my car preconditioned this morning several times and get an error that it can’t get a response from the vehicle.

Definitely a 1st world problem, but disappointed it’s so unreliable.

12. To remove this ad click here.