HondaLink Plugged-In Status

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Paddy, May 5, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Paddy

Paddy Member

After a few updates, HondaLink comes with a new bug. Although I unplug my charger when charging it completed, the app still shows “Plugged-in”. It didn’t have this problem before. It seems the car stops updating its status after charging completed.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

Does it eventually update? If so, how long does it take? I have also noted other problems like inaccurate odometer reading for a few days.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I've had the odometer latency problem since November, 2017. I use HondaLink only to turn on the climate pre-conditioning and that feature has been reliable. I used to get only one message when charging is complete, but now I get several.

5. leop

leop Active Member

I no longer have any odometer latency problem with HondaLink. I use HondaLink every time I charge our Clarity to get the SOC (about once a week). The odometer reading updates each time. The fix for me was to setup the Clarity's wifi and leave wifi on all the time. BlueTooth is turned off. BTW, I have set trip A to reset every time I charge the car.

LeoP

sabasc, neal adkins and insightman like this.
  6. Paddy

Paddy Member

It doesn’t eventually update. The only way to force an update is to click the “start charge” button, yes it’s still enabled. Then you will hear the sound of the car trying to charge, which will fail of course. Then it updates.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. neal adkins

I don't remember that happening to me. Sounds like a definite bug. Customer care may be able to offer a solution.I mainly use the app for soc and sometimes climate control. In some situations the "find my car" is very useful.

9. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

I don't use the app for anything ever. I have tried to use it to pre-condition the vehicle but that has never worked. Ever. Not once.

10. neal adkins

Have created an account and added your clarity vin?

11. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

Yup. I've done all that. I can find my vehicle and I can check soc......although it's always 15 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour or so delayed.
    But I can't get the preconditioning to work. I work in the desert and it can be 110 degrees outside and I will drive all the way to work on HV so I have plenty of battery to precondition and when I get in the vehicle it's 200 degrees inside (not literally....you know what I mean.)

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. neal adkins

I agree that's very strange. The only time it's not supposed to work is when your plugged in to level 1 charger and actively charging.

14. Dzyak

Dzyak New Member

FYI: When plugged in to 110v it is not supposed to work, BUT... I've been able to make it do it anyway. I think this is how I did it: in the app, hit "stop charging". Then start the climate control. Then hit "start charging". I believe that was the route I used. It resulted in climate and charging both happening at the same time on 110v.