Honda , i-MMD and the Future

Discussion in 'Honda' started by Lowell_Greenberg, Feb 18, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Lowell_Greenberg

Lowell_Greenberg Active Member

One of the concerns with the Clarity is that it is a low production compliance type car and repair parts may be expensive and difficult to obtain in the future. However, it has been frequently pointed out that the Clarity is a parts bin car and shares much in common with its higher production siblings.

Personally, I feel the latter is more correct. I-MMD seems to be critical to Honda's electrification strategy- and the Clarity- while 2nd generation i-MMD , is in the forefront of this tech. The infotainment system, the electric motors, the Atkinson motor- all are shared with/similar to other Honda vehicles. Some parts are clearly Clarity unique, such as certain body parts.

The Clarity (all model sub types) does seem to be Honda puting its best technology step forward circa 2017. The clip of automotive change is such, that while it still is more technologically advanced than most of what is on the road today- it is falling behind somewhat compared to the latest BEV offerings from Tesla and others.

Signals are mixed on whether Honda will compete effectively in the BEV world. Fuel cell tech may never take hold for personal driving vehicles. The Clarity BEV itseld has been discontinued. But in the Honda family, the Clarity PHEV may have helped lead the way.

https://www.greencarcongress.com/2019/07/20190709-honda.html

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2. To remove this ad click here.