Honda care extended warranty and Sentinel

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by ozy, Oct 19, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ozy

ozy Active Member

I was reviewing the Honda extended warranty that I purchased from College Hills Honda. It's an 8 yr 100K plan (D80). The contract mentions something called Sentinel which apparently is a program that provides discounts on the routine maintenance. The info is written on the back and is barely legible but it seems too good to be true. Does anyone know if the Honda extended warranty actually includes free maintenance care? I received the A0 1 message a few weeks ago and was going to take the car in for oil/filter and tire rotation as specified.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

4. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

I think the D80 contract is an extended warranty only. Great for those knowing they will keep the car past 3 years.

I have the Sentinel 36K miles / 3 year plan for maintenance (oil changes), travel incidental expense coverage, and tire protection / replacement. Good for leases.

5. HondaLady

HondaLady New Member

Just purchased Honda Care extended warranty from College Hills Honda. I highly recommend Tauni Woods! She's professional and works diligently to find the right plan for you. I purchased an extended warranty for my mom and wanted her to have a "hard copy" of the contract and information, and Tauni had no problem sending that to her. Great price too for a F58. The car is literally 3 days from being out of the original 3 year/36,000 mile warranty and I extended it five years for an 8 year/60,000 warranty with a $100 deductible for only $670. Highly recommend!!

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Is this extended warranty for a 3-year old Clarity? Which model? It seems like you got a very good price for the extended warranty.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

It’s that inexpensive because of the $100 deductible and the very short 60,000 mile limit. That only gives her around 24,000 more miles of warranty.
    You get what you pay for. I looked into waiting like that and could not see any advantage (except for time value of money).

9. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

For a low miles driver, this extended warranty would be perfect.
    For low miles, you would hit the expiration in YEARS - not miles...

10. KentuckyKen

But that would mean driving less than 5,000 miles per year. Does anybody really drive that little per year?

11. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

"Within 3 days" means the three years were out, not the 36k miles. 60k/8 years gives 7.5k/year. After 18 months, I have an average of 10k/year on mine. If I didn't drive several hundred miles to visit extended family a few times a year, I could shave off 3k per year easily.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Hence my question about which model Clarity was 3 days from 36 months old.

14. glockgirl

glockgirl Member

just hit 30k on my 2018 model. thinking of getting extended warranty to take me to 100k. is it worth it? i remember having one for prius and never need it before i sold it. but i paid less then 1k for it. 1k for peace of mind is nice thing to have. any one have a good sales rep they would recommend?

15. KentuckyKen

Best price I’ve found for genuine Honda Care is Hyannis Honda on line. They do a big business with online Honda Care that’s the same as you get at your local dealer just way, way less.
    I like the Honda Care as opposed to 3rd party warranties since it is in Honda’s data base ready to be pulled up at any dealer with no reimbursement or paperwork headaches. It also has some roadside assistance and coverage for up to 5 family members as long as they drive Hondas or Acuras.
    Heres the link which includes a phone number for Sean who can help if you want a live human being or you can do it all on line.
    https://hyannishondacare.com/index.php?gclid=CjwKCAiA-vLyBRBWEiwAzOkGVK_IQW4-kXgZQY-rdD7Wfeg8WMbh_C5EFpFHvqzqJgP1k8om4KF8BBoC7TUQAvD_BwE

Cash Traylor likes this.
  16. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Best price is with Sean at Hyannis Honda. We've done several cars with him.

Back in Dec 2018 D78 (7 years, 80K, zero deductible) was $1001.