Home from my road trip

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by SSpiffy, Sep 13, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SSpiffy

SSpiffy Member

I drove from near Seattle to Chicago by the direct route, then came home by a more meandering route to visit friends and family. That included a drive to the top of Pikes Peak.

5176 miles, 88 hr 45 min driving, avg speed 58 mph, avg mpg 45.5. 18 days away from home, car was parked for 7 of those days. Only complaint is the small washer reservoir; I had to refill it at least once a day.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

MrFixit and JFon101231 like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    Thanks for the info. Did you charge at all during the trip? I imagine that mpg includes some electric driving?

4. SSpiffy

SSpiffy Member

I got about 15 miles of charge at a free charger at the 50,000 Silver Dollar gift shop/restaurant in Haugen, Montana while I had lunch, a full charge at a friend's in South Dakota, a full charge at my cousin's in Missouri, and about 3 kWh at a Chargepoint charger on the Kansas Tollway. Other than that, I pretty much drove electric until I was down to about 5 miles EV, switched to HV Charge, left it on HV, and repeated that after every gas stop.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

5. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    So you used 113.76 gallons? Even if you subtract out the all electric miles, you still averaged over 44 mpg. That is remarkable. A big heavy comfortable car giving 44 mpg is fantastic.

MrFixit and SSpiffy like this.