HELP: Range doesn't show up on my BMW Connected app

Discussion in 'i3' started by sipabit, Sep 7, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. sipabit

sipabit Member

Hoping someone might be able to help. I cannot view even the range of the car.

The BMW Connected app shows everything in the Remote Section like normal except the entire line showing range for both the REX and Electricity is completely gone. I had lost the ability to use Climate Control, but realized it's b/c my subscription was expired. I renewed it and can now do the remote functions but my range info is still gone. Sorta important. Wondering if anyone has had this issue and can suggest a fix.

Screen looks like https://www.dropbox.com/s/nt98r086uai72 ... 8.PNG?dl=0:

Things I've already tried:
    1. Uninstalled the app. Reinstalled.
    2. Disconnected phone from the car and reconnected it.
    3. Updated the Connected Assistance by plugging the phone into the USB under the arm rest.
    4. Connected via USB under the armrest as the Connected app says to do to let the car "read" the range.
    5. Banged my head into the steering wheel out of frustration.

Still no range info on my app. Anything else I should try?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. sipabit

sipabit Member

I happened up update to the latest IOS that was released a day or so ago and miraculously, it now works. I can see the range. Back to normal. Iphone 7. I've been up to date but I guess it's just me b/c I haven't heard of others complaining of the same issue during this timeframe.

4. SSi3

SSi3 New Member

Try updating the BMW Assist data in the iDrive. It's not easy to find, you have to hit the Option button while on a certain screen, I can never remember where, i just poke around.