HDA 2 vs HDA

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Northern Bernie, Jun 6, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Northern Bernie

Northern Bernie New Member

Can someone explain the benefits of the HDA 2 that is available, that are different from the standard HDA? I've seen plenty of reviews of other Hyundai Cars to understand that the HDA is quite a good system, but I didn't realize the HDA 2 upgrade was a newer system than what's currently in their cars. I did some quick reading and it seems that the new version can maybe take off ramps for you? Is there anything else?
    Does anyone that currently has a Hyundai and uses HDA want to comment on how they like it?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Because I'm not a Hyundai expert, I had to google HDA and HDA2. I found this 2017 article explaining the coming upgrade.

4. JohnDoe94

JohnDoe94 New Member

I have a kia e niro 2021. Believe that that one has HDA/HDA1.
    Its pretty nice but the lane keeping is not as good as Tesla. It feels a bit like when you drive offroad on the beach and your front tires are following the tracs of another car. I never realy trust it. Sometimes it comes close to other cars in adjacent lanes, and if there is a turn on the highway it wont follow well. Tesla lane keeping is much better for example. Would be curious about HDA2 to see if it is better

5. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

I have an 2019 Kona ev, and it has hda1 I believe. It works quite well on straight highways, especially when used with adaptive cruise control. But it doesn't handle curves well, it is late in steering into anything but a very gentle curve, like it doesn't look far enough ahead to anticipate the curve. I always thought that a firmware fix would increase the range of the camera, but it never happened. I think HDA2 will be a big improvement.