Have you filed/claimed the EV credit for 2018?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Alex0913, Feb 5, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Alex0913

Alex0913 Member

Hi all,
    I was ready to file my taxes with Taxact but at the end it said that the form 8936 was not ready. I thought it was. Anyways, has anyone actually filed and claimed the credit? if so, who did you file with?
    I might have to dump Taxact since they might not be up to date.
    Thanks for any input!!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Several folks have filed successfully with the credit included, using either Turbotax or H&R Block. Run a search if you want to see the individual posts.

Alex0913 and MNSteve like this.
  4. stacey burke

stacey burke Active Member

I used turbotax with no problem. The form was fill out when I sent it in. There are about 4 or 5 questions you fill in - I don't remember all of them but they were on my sales sheet. Date purchased, Date put into service, Weight, Killwat, price paid. I THINK that was all but I'm not sure. But again all of on the sales sheet and quick and easy.

Alex0913 likes this.
  5. Alex0913

Alex0913 Member

Thank you! I think I'll look into Turbotax :)

6. currypotter

currypotter New Member

HR Block online. Prompted me for EV Tax. Asked for date the vehicle went into service, make and model, VIN and how much credit you are claiming - $7500. Clicked OK and it said congratulations, you qualified for $7500. And yes, I am fortunate in life to being paying more than $7500 in federal taxes to get the full $7500.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. dana

dana Member

FWIW, the 2018 Form 8936 was available online today.

9. Claritydfw

Claritydfw Member

I used Turbo Tax. Was very easy to enter the data and get the full credit.

10. Atkinson

Atkinson Active Member

Thanks, got it just now.