Harman Kardon "Credit"

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by scooter, Jun 16, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I was just looking at my build in My Garage and noticed that the Harman Kardon has the word Credit after it. I know there's a shortage but does anyone know when this will be resolved? I went on the bimmerpost site and people were saying that BMW was putting in a lower grade sound system, everyone was wondering if there will be a price reduction when we go to pay for our order. I also wonder if they will switch out the inferior system later.

quietlyspinach likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

There's no hint that MINI is going to retrofit the cars that are now leaving the factory without the "standard" rear parking sensors--and no credit mentioned regarding that omission.

4. Just talked with Ask Mini, they say that the "Credit" will be $800 off the price and no, they will not switch out whatever they end up putting in the car instead. Bummer.

5. TempoHouse

TempoHouse Member

Where do you see this in My Garage? When I click on Track My Mini or whatever, it brings up some details under headings like color, trim, etc. Is that the spot? Mine just left factory purgatory yesterday, and I don't see anything about a credit. Maybe it lucked out and got one of the last Harmon Kardons? Although I might rather have the $800. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

6. When I clicked on Iconic Trim and saw the different items it showed up where it says Hartman Kardon credit

TempoHouse likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. speednoodle

speednoodle Member

Oh, that's unfortunate. Glad they're giving a credit, but I'm sure most would prefer the stereo they thought they'd be getting.

9. Yeah, I might see what comes in and then decide whether to take it or not. Would definitely re-order another one but wonder when the day comes to re-sell it if it would make a difference. Bummer.....

10. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

That is indeed a bummer. The HK system in the Mini is fantastic, night & day better than the B&O “premium” system in our Audi e-tron. Have not heard the standard Mini sound system for comparison.

11. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

I've been doing some research into Bavsound and Bimmertech aftermarket options in the event I can't order the HK. I've had the HK system in all 5 of our Minis, and the base sound system is pretty lackluster.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. speednoodle

speednoodle Member

I'll go aftermarket as well if the HK system isn't included. I plan to keep the car a while and for me it isn't worth waiting an undetermined period of time to get that specific upgrade from the factory. With the supply chains being all fouled up it's possible another feature gets downgraded or omitted before it all works itself out, who knows.

14. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

I’m starting to feel like my early adopter Iconic 2022 is becoming a collector’s item. (I know, it’s not) I am so sorry for those affected by the component shortages. If I was in that position, I think I would be making the call to decline to buy until Mini straightens out their production component shortages.

quietlyspinach likes this.
  15. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I'd feel the same way, except I think the chip shortage is going to be bad for a couple of years, or maybe get worse. So as much of a bummer as not getting all the features would be, not having an SE to enjoy driving would be worse. It can always be traded for a newer model in a couple years.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    GvilleGuy likes this.
  16. quietlyspinach

quietlyspinach Active Member

I would be VERY upset if that had happened to me! At the very minimum, MINI should have given new owners a choice about whether or not to continue with their order rather than just dropping features without notifying anyone. A big part of why I own a MINI is the advanced tech features. I might have been willing to drop from an Iconic to the Signature level if they had issues keeping the features in the car, but I suspect I'd be so upset I'd just cancel my order. I already had a boring car that works; I could live with it for another 2 years until the chip shortage ends.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  17. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

These are zero-obligation orders, so you can always refuse it on delivery with no penalty. But definitely MINI should be more proactive about notifications, because why should someone wait all the way until delivery to find out it's not what was ordered.

GvilleGuy and MichaelC like this.