Graphite Gray exterior color

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Raleigh Ron, Jun 27, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

On Kia's website, they list a new color for the Kia Niro EV - Graphite Gray. Perhaps it's slightly darker than the existing Platinum Graphite? Is dark gray so popular we need another version of it? So that's 4 dark gray or black hues - and I'm including Gravity Blue, which looks like dark gray in anything but strong direct sunlight.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    I noticed the Hyundai's IONIQ 5 as may manufactures over the years, that the paint on the plastic bumper covers and trim pieces doesn't match the normal body panel paint color. I had high hopes for the Matte Gray but the charge cover in the media released photos doesn't look like a perfect match. Hope you find the right views of the Niro to nail down your perfect pick.

4. Yeah, I found "Gravity Blue" amusing when I was driving around to different dealers checking out the colors. Retro reflected sunlight (eg, the sun behind my head while I look at the car) had the barest tinge of blue . Otherwise it looked dark gray to me. Interior color options and exterior colors are my biggest complaint (even more than the charging door) . At least they added red in the 2020 models.

What I really wanted was the deep cerulean they have for the ICE and PHEV versions. I ended up in one these as rental around October 2019, and wow, what a great color. That plus some sort of light interior so it does not get as hot in the sun would have been perfect.

5. Danhen

Danhen Active Member

I do like the Cerulean too, but I prefer the Gravity Blue as I think it has much more depth, and I also think it works better with the blue "trim" on the EV models.