Got my booster

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bwilson4web, Sep 29, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

At age 71, I got mine:
    upload_2021-9-29_2-34-23.png

Strange, there was no line ... Alabama one of the lowest vaccination rate States. Very few available ICU beds. Famous last words:
    • "I wish I'd gotten vaccinated."
    • "It can't be COVID. What have I got Doc?"
    Bob Wilson

ericy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SouthernDude

SouthernDude Active Member

upload_2021-10-2_12-59-12.png

lol. Hospitalizations have been falling so what "few ICU beds" are you talking about?

4. bwilson4web

Source_1:
    upload_2021-10-2_21-47-37.png
    This serves Northwest Alabama where we had this recent event:

Source_2:
    https://www.waff.com/2021/10/01/one-found-dead-following-police-chase-muscle-shoals/

MUSCLE SHOALS, Ala. (WAFF) - The Sheffield Chief of Police confirmed Sgt. Nick Risner, a K-9 Officer with the department, was the officer injured in the officer-involved shooting.

Sgt. Risner is in critical condition after a shoot-out with a suspect who is in the very same hospital. A large law enforcement presence is outside of Huntsville Hospital Friday night praying for their brother in blue.

Another Sheffield Police Officer who was involved in the shooting was wearing a bulletproof vest and did not get injured. The suspect was also shot, but we are unaware of their condition at this time.
    Sgt. Risner died this morning. Still, Alabama is not the sole source as:
    https://www.npr.org/2021/09/17/1038180254/all-the-hospitals-in-idaho-are-rationing-care-because-of-covid-19-surge

All The Hospitals In Idaho Are Rationing Care Because Of COVID-19 Surge

September 17, 20215:09 AM ET
    . . .
    Idaho's public health leaders are expanding health care rationing across the state. The move follows a decision by a large health care system there to implement crisis standards of care.

So we can ask Mr. Google about "crisis standards of care" or "ration care:"
    Source_3:
    https://www.reuters.com/world/us/some-us-hospitals-forced-ration-care-amid-staffing-shortages-covid-19-surge-2021-09-17/

Sept 17 (Reuters) - Surges in coronavirus cases in several U.S. states this week, along with staffing and equipment shortages, are exacting a mounting toll on hospitals and their workers even as the number of new admissions nationwide ebbs, leading to warnings at some facilities that care would be rationed.

Montana, Alaska, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Kentucky experienced the biggest rises in new COVID-19 hospitalizations during the week ending Sept. 10 compared with the previous week, with Montana's new hospitalizations rising by 26%, according to the latest report by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Sept. 14.

In Alaska, the influx is so heavy that the state's largest hospital is no longer able to provide life-saving care to every patient who needs it due to the influx of COVID-19 hospitalizations, according to an open letter from the medical executive committee of Providence Alaska Medical Center this week.
    . . .

There is a lying, death cult led by many Republican political leaders like Gov. DeSantis, who are followed breathlessly by cult members who echo Russia Today doing everything they can to minimize the pandemic.

They are inflicting more pain, suffering, and death especially visible in Alabama:
    Source_4: https://birminghamwatch.org/alabama-population-shrinks-under-weight-of-covid-19-deaths/

For the first time in the history of Alabama, COVID-19 last year pushed the state’s death rate higher than the birthrate.

“The state population is shrinking, and we have never seen that happen before in the history of Alabama,” Alabama State Health Officer Dr. Scott Harris said Wednesday.

In fact, more people died in Alabama last year than any other year on record.

One vivid example happened in Coleman:
    Source_5:
    https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/09/13/1036593269/coronavirus-alabama-43-icus-at-capacity-ray-demonia

Ray DeMonia, 73, was born and raised in Cullman, Ala., but he died on Sept. 1, some 200 miles away in an intensive care unit in Meridian, Miss.

Last month, DeMonia, who spent 40 years in the antiques and auctions business, suffered a cardiac emergency. But it was because hospitals are full due to the coronavirus — and not his heart — that he was forced to spend his last days so far from home, according to his family.

"Due to COVID 19, CRMC emergency staff contacted 43 hospitals in 3 states in search of a Cardiac ICU bed and finally located one in Meridian, MS.," the last paragraph of DeMonia's obituary reads, referring to the Cullman Regional Medical Center.

"In honor of Ray, please get vaccinated if you have not, in an effort to free up resources for non COVID related emergencies ... ," the obituary reads. "He would not want any other family to go through what his did."

Living in Huntsville Alabama and following accurate, credible news sources, we soon learn there are liars, death-cultists, and other cowards who feel comfortable posting the FOX-lite, lying by omission.

They inflate motes while ignoring the weight of a beam in their own eye (Matthew 7:5). I've grown tired to these vaccine/needle cowards and liars who post to spread bovine fecal matter ... and run up costs:
    • $20 - cost of a single vaccine
    • $2,000 - cost of monoclonal anti-bodies
    • $20,000 - cost of hospital stay for a couple of days
    • $200,000 - cost of ICU stay
    • $20,000 - cost of funeral
    So now we have collections of 'last words:'
    • "I'll take that vaccine now."
    • "COVID is a hoax. Seriously Doc, what is killing me."
    If only there were someway we could do a class-action lawsuit against those who advocate false, non-medical, COVID-19 lies. Slander comes to mind as it ended the Salem Witch Hunt disaster.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  5. SouthernDude

Oh please. Did you spend all afternoon putting that together? You clearly have no idea why there are people who are hesitant about the vaccine.

Less than 2% of people who have been tested positive with the vaccine end up in hospitals. And that's assuming that the reported covid hospitalizations are actually people who contracted the virus then entered into the hospital. It says nothing about how many people who where already in the hospital that contracted the virus. Why is that important? Well, it affects the way people understand the actual risk of the virus - eg the overwhelming majority of the sickest people and the overwhelming majority of the people who die are either older or they have serious preexisting conditions ( like obesity). This rarely gets brought up in the media. Very odd. Literally every story is about vaccines only. Is this not at least a little strange?

The vaccine doesn't stop me from getting the virus, nor does it stop me from spreading the virus, nor does it significantly affect my chances of going to the hospital or dying. No point taking it. I also do not want to end up in a situation like Australia where they essentially live under covid totalitarianism. Go move there if you want more restrictions.

FYI, Matthew 7:5 is about self-righteousness and arrogance - both of which are issues you clearly have and its why you have no clue why some people disagree with you.

6. bwilson4web

You're not the only rabbit in the field.

Nonsense. Too many die today due to false, cowardly claims:
    [​IMG]

So I agree with Keith Olbermann:

LET'S STOP THE PLEASANT EUPHEMISMS: They aren't "anti-Vax." They're AFRAID OF GETTING VACCINATED!

This is your commentator, fresh from the Booster Shot, let's stop validating the morons who are collaborating with Covid-19 to keep the ICUs full and the health care workers at risk. They aren't "waiting for more information" - they're AFRAID. They aren't "exercising personal choice" - they're AFRAID.
    • AFRAID of things they're dumb to understand.
    • AFRAID of doing anything anybody else tells them.
    • AFRAID of having been wrong about this whole thing.
    • AFRAID of NEEDLES.
    False COVID posters are cowards. Facts and data are well known from credible sources. We're dealing with emotional, gut reactions by the anti-VAX and anti-mask advocates. Famous 'last words' comes to mind. Expect no sympathy from me but plenty of disdain for the troll(s).

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bwilson4web

Deaths typically occur 3-6 weeks after admission, ~$200,000 after admission. Then the dead free up ICU beds. There are long-term COVID-19 patients who leave for a life of disability from damaged lungs and organs. This has been a consistent pattern from the beginning.

Bob Wilson

9. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

Your elementary school math teacher is no doubt embarrassed

The things you claim are rarely brought up are in fact brought up daily

700000 people dead, no doubt all people you deem defective

bwilson congrats on following logic and science, and helping protect others by lowering your chance of spreading the disease

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    ericy likes this.
  10. bwilson4web

FYI, I still wear a mask when shopping. Fully vaccinated and mask wearing … perhaps I should give up deodorant and let BO keep the others at a safe distance.

Bob Wilson

11. SouthernDude

lol. No. It is due to a lack of trust. Virtually all the fear stems from that. It has nothing to do with cowardice.

People don't trust the mainstream media because of the numerous lies they have told in the past and because of how extreme the bias is. Yes, I know fox news is biased, but you can't even entertain the idea that the rest of the mainstream media could be biased. This is true across all topics - including the pandemic. For example, labeling ivermectin a horse-dewormer when it is already commonly prescribed as parasite treatment in humans. The effectiveness of ivermectin as a treatment to covid is irrelevant to the point I am making. The point is that the media immediately acted like wan't effective before any conclusive studies were published. Strange behavior.

Secondly, the government has given inconsistent messaging throughout the whole pandemic. Biden promised to not issue vaccine mandates, and now he's trying to mandate them. Obviously, inconsistent government messages is not specifically a Democrat or Republican phenomenon. Both do it, which furthers the lack of trust that people have in the ruling institutions in general. Whatever, deny that all you want to.

A huge issue that is also contributing the lack of trust on this issue is the mass censorship of any analysis that doesn't automatically agree with vaccinating 100% of the population. How on earth is that good for science? It isn't. However, you don't care. Why? Because the media told you not to care or you just blindly assume that the truth will never get suppressed.

I'll give you an example of a different theory. Since the vaccine is not 100% effective and covid has shown itself to be a rapidly mutating virus, making 100% of the population get the vaccine may end up putting evolutionary pressure on the virus to mutate to become more resistant to the vaccine, which would obviously be bad because it's impossible to develop new vaccines fast enough to stay ahead of the mutations to give to the sick and elderly. Which would end up causing more deaths in the long run. https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/
    Sure, you'll probably argue that this dude is not credible (without at all engaging with whether or not the theory is valid), but can you articulate what makes a source credible that excludes this dude without resorting to an appeal to authority fallacy? Probably not.

Oh you mean statements like this:
    No U. https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/no-u

Why do you need to wear the mask and avoid people if you took the vaccine that is supposed to protect you? Doesn't that strike you as a bit odd? Strange behavior.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SouthernDude

Embarrassed of what?

Oh really? Are they? Where are the PSAs about why obese people need to lose weight? If anything, you only see messaging to tell people to be ok with being obese.

No. Geez. If the overwhelming majority of the die with a positive covid test had serious pre-existing health conditions, it begs the question about which factor bears the most responsibility to the cause of death, which would obviously be the pre-existing conditions. It just means that it makes more sense to address the pre-existing health conditions, like obesity or smoking (I think about 10-15% of the adult population still smokes cigarettes.) or diabetes, because it would improve the overall health of these people and then their immune system could handle any novel illnesses better. Plus, it is misleading to just label a death as a covid death if the death was really more of a result of the pre-existing condition. It just skews the perception about the virus. Do you see why this is a problem?

14. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

Than I also see stupid people wearing a mask when in a car by themselves/ no one else in car. Or someone wearing mask outside walking with no one around.

I have been very vaccinated but I do not agree about the Vaccine passports . Restrict where people can go because they chose not to have vaccine.

from Our World in Data:

https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid

Oct 1/2021 mortality risk of Covid-19

Canada 1.71%
    USA. 1.60%

So SouthernDude math was not that far off

Dan

15. bwilson4web

I’m fairly sanguine about the foolishness of others. So I follow the rule of three strikes and you’re out:
    1. Discuss in public your points of view. Civilly without ranker.
    2. If still foolish, discuss in private so no one need be a drama queen.
    3. If still foolish, work like heck silently to exploit an opportunity they are making for me. I do not suffer fools but treat them as a potential opportunity.
    Bob Wilson

16. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

excessd.jpg

If they were going to die anyway, there would be a corresponding drop below average after a peak. Skews the perception?
    No , not at all
    I get that you view these people as disposable, but they are not.

REmember also that many of these deaths were when significant measures were taken to prevent disease, masks, lockdowns, and no vaccines. Without the vaccine we would be dealing with hundreds of thousands of more cases and deaths

17. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

texas104.jpg
    compared to massachusetts
    mass104.jpg

Nope masks don't work, vaccinations don't work

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  18. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

The two things you ignore that make that low sounding number false

How many people died last year?

What did they die of?

That 1.6 number sounds really low, but the problem is you are mentally comparing it to nothing, 100 percent is not an option
    And what would those numbers look like if we did nothing, rather than the fairly drastic actions we took
    1.6 percent of a 100 percent infection rate is pretty dire
    As in 5 million dead

deaths.jpg

19. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

Excess deaths Texas vs Mass
    Masks, we don't need no stinkin masks

excesstx.jpg massex.jpg

20. SouthernDude

lol. How on earth are you getting this from what I'm saying? I am literally saying that it makes sense to reduce the prevalence of preventable chronic health problems so that people would have stronger immune systems. In other words, getting people more healthy overall means that less people will die from any novel virus - especially if there isn't any treatment available yet. How on earth is that viewing people as disposable? Geez.

No. Any dips wouldn't necessarily have to happen right after the peak. Why would it? There's no guarantee that any number of the excessive deaths would all die at the same time anyways, so the effect on the number of deaths in the future can take on different shapes as a response. What isn't changing is the fact that the majority of the people who died had serious pre-existing conditions.

Exactly, none of the lockdown measures or mask mandates did anything. The vaccine is more effective for the old and sick, so it makes sense for them to take it. However, it doesn't make sense to get the whole population to take the vaccine because healthier people have a very small risk of hospitalization or death. We already do this with flu vaccines - specifically target the sick and old with them. There's a reason why the flu vaccine isn't administered to the whole population every year and it isn't because of logistics either.

The covid vaccine isn't 100% effective and the virus mutates rapidly. Why create a mandate that effectively puts evolutionary pressure on the virus to become more resistant to the vaccine? That literally makes the problem worse down the road because now you have the virus and then less effective protection for the sick and elderly. Makes no sense. Like I said before, I am a healthy 30 year old. No sense in me taking it.

I would argue that the pre-existing conditions were a bigger contributing factor to death. That and old age.

Yes, that 1.6% is true. Total number of deaths with covid in 2020: 350,000 (your chart rounded up). Total positive covid cases recorded: 20,511,112

Do the math: ( 350,000 / 20,511,112 ) * 100 = 1.7%

But remember, there are huge numbers of people who actually had covid, but never got tested because they had mild symptoms. This would push that percentage even lower.
    However, if you look at the death data, it is very clear that the overwhelming majority of deaths (like 95%+) are the old and sick. Same with hospitalizations. If only the younger, healthy people got vaccinated, the reduction in deaths and hospitalizations would only be slight. If only the older and sick got vaccinated, then the deaths and hospitalizations would significantly reduce.

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/gallup/354938/adults-estimates-covid-hospitalization-risk.aspx

Check out this article. It is actually half decent. I do not prefer partisan divides because they are dumb, but I am still actually surprised it actually got published. Basically, democrats overwhelmingly over estimate the risk of hospitalizations for unvaccinated people because they blindly trust the fear propaganda from the mainstream media and republicans vastly underestimate the effectiveness of the vaccine because most of them just assume that the polar opposite of what the mainstream media says is true (which the opposite of what the MSM says is true most of the time).

For added measure, this would be the death percentage based on total population. The total US population is estimated to be about 330 million people in the 2020 census (probably higher, but whatever). The total deaths attributed to covid from the chart you linked from 2020 is 350k. Now, I will do some very favorable math: ( 500k / 300 million ) * 100 = 0.167% .

If you use the real numbers : ( 350,000 / 330,000,000 ) * 100 = 0.106%

miatadan likes this.
  21. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

Sorry, you list of fallacious assumptions is too long to bother with

Virtually everything you stated is false

Seriously

Ridiculous

facts are facts

One thing, the comparison of excess deaths ends before most people were vaccinated

masks and lockedowns work and saved lives

period

ericy likes this.
  22. SouthernDude

lol. I get it now. Epic troll.

23. bwilson4web

"You don't need to change – your survival is not mandatory." Dr. W. Edwards Deming.

A proud partisan Democrat, Republicans should follow the advice of the COVID-19 skeptics: no masks, no vaccines, no social distancing. The wages of their sinful lying is death.

As for Democrats and Independents, use empirical science sources and advice. Vaccinate, masks, and social distancing so you can live to vote another day.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." Napoleon Bonaparte. The Republicans are infected with a death cult. So let them burn themselves out as empirical science has no effect except to make them even more recalcitrant.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021