Goodbye, little Kona!

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by TheLight75, Mar 2, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. TheLight75

TheLight75 Active Member

As with all good things, my brief time with my little gray Kona Ultimate EV has come to an end. Vroom had her picked up this morning at my office and will be bringing her to their reconditioning facility in Manheim, PA for a spa treatment and makeover. I enjoyed all 35k miles that I put on her and am very glad that I owned her while I could. Hopefully, she will find a new caring home where she can live out her days enjoying that new battery Hyundai will eventually give her.

Unfortunately I had to let her go due to concerns about negative equity at the end of my lease next year that I didn't want to be saddled with. At the margins Vroom is making, I don't know how they stay afloat.

navguy12 and electriceddy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Kevin Nguyen

Kevin Nguyen Member

Vroom is offering much more than other places. They offered me 28k compare to 22k at most places I have asked. I’m going to pick up my stuff inside my Kona next week, since it have been deemed a lemon car.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. Jimct

Jimct Active Member

What are you replacing it with? I want to look at the Mach e but when the Kona's lease is up my wife wants another. Except for back seat leg room the Kona's a great car. We'll be a 2 EV family I think.

electriceddy likes this.
  5. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Active Member

Beautiful. You have a gift of words. I believe with the new battery pack it will be right back on top.

TheLight75 and electriceddy like this.
  6. From previous posts I suspect an electric pony is in his future:
    [​IMG]
    :D

mho, Bill Carter, Domenick and 3 others like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. TheLight75

TheLight75 Active Member

That had been the original plan but that changed. With the pandemic and some uncertainty at my workplace, I decided that I shouldn’t be spending $60k on a new car right now so I canceled my Mach-E order. Unfortunately, I could not find any used EV/PHEV for under $25k that would meet my family’s needs. In the end, I dove back into the ICE pool and got an ‘18 VW Tiguan SEL. I’m hoping that by the time I need a new car in a 3-4 years, EV’s will have solid state/heated batteries in them to bring charge times down to 5 mins.

9. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll be able to drive electric again sooner than this. Regardless, when you do, we hope you'll come back and share.

navguy12 and TheLight75 like this.